Unwinding Fate

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 11: Unwinding Fate

"Rogue, come on man! We have to leave before the place gets raided by those bandits!" Sting called out as their partners all waddled behind him tiredly. "Sting-kun! It's so early to be yelling throughout the guild," the blond's partner, Lector, complained as he wiped away his sleepy tears.

"Fro thinks so too..."

"Sorry Lector... How about you and Frosch go back to the dorms and sleep?" Sting said where the Exceed dropped his paws and yawned. "Are you sure?" he mumbled where Sting grinned. Petting his partner's head, he nodded his head. "Go off with Frosch. Rogue and I will be fine over there at Kinglier Point," he said as Lector gave out another tiredly yawn.

"If you say so Sting-kun. We'll be here and waiting then," Lector muttered before grabbing hands with a drowsy Exceed that was wearing a pink frog onesie. "Fro isn't tired," the Exceed mumbled before Rogue came walking towards them with a soft smile.

The boy going on one knee, he rested a hand on Frosch's head and looked down. "You can stay back with Lector. We'll be back before you know it," he said where Frosch sadly nodded. "Okay, Fro will wait!"

Smiling, Rogue petted his partner's head. "Be good alright and stick with Lector," he said before getting up to look at Sting. "Ready to go?" he said over to the blonde where his buddy shrugged. "Don't go asking me when you're the one who's holding us back," Sting groaned.

Slightly adjusting his cape, Rogue nodded as they began to head out of their guild building with the Exceeds watching their departure. Sting glancing over to the Shadow Dragon Slayer, he rested his hands behind his neck. "Have you heard from Wendy?" he questioned where Rogue looked over.

"The little Sky Dragon Slayer from Fairy Tail?" he replied in question where Sting nodded. "Yeah, that one."
Rogue looking up to the sky, he slightly frowned and looked back down to his partner. "What about her? To think about it, we haven't seen Natsu-san lately, have we?" he said, slightly confused about the sudden conversation about Fairy Tail.

"Well, I met her on the streets recently and she told me that she was looking for Lucy," Sting stated where he raised a brow.

The boys making a turn to head to the train station, Rogue questioned why Wendy would be looking for the Celestial Spirit mage over within this area of the city. "And what about her?" he soon inquired where Sting smirked.

"I knew that you were interested in her," Sting mocked, earning an elbow to the hips.
Groaning in pain, he chuckled. "I asked her why and she told me that she thought Lucy would be staying here. I don't get it - I even told her that only to be only shrugged off. I also heard that Mirajane's little sister is now dating Natsu-san," he informed where Rogue stopped midway with widened eyes.

"Dating?" he questioned as his partner continued walking. Sting pivoting on his heels, he nodded. "Maybe that's why she ran off," he said where Rogue looked down to the ground.

Shaking his head, he pushed on and began to walk. "No way, she's stronger than that," he said as his partner continued to walk besides him. "That's what you think man, but when you include the fact that she's possibly missing, then that must be the reason!" Sting replied, continuing to walk down the streets where the people would often say "Hi!" towards their direction.

"No Sting, that can't be it. Anyways, let's just finish this job and get back soon," he said. The blonde groaning, he sighed. "You spoil all of the fun for me sometimes," he complained.
Rogue giving him a pointed look, he shook his head. "Sometimes you should act like a Master," he deadpanned where the boy gave him a scoff.

While both boys were walking off, over to where Lucy was...

"Do we have everything we need?" Loke asked as he looked over to Aries.
The female spirit lifting the final bag to place it into the room, she stood up straight and nodded. "H-Hai!" she replied before quickly jogging out of the room where the boy locked up the door with a satisfied smile.

"Alright, all of our valuables are now locked up in this room. This way, everything will be safe until we return from the city," he said as the blonde walked up towards their direction with a smile. Nodding his head to her direction, the two spirits made way for their master as she stood in front of the door and placed a gentle hand on it.

"They won't get stolen right?" she questioned before looking over to them. Loke nodding, he crossed his arms over his chest. "You think that we'd let them take anything?" he asked where she chuckled.

Lucy taking a step back she nodded. "Right, now it's time to head to Kinglier Point," she said where Aries fiddled with her fingers. "We won't meet them right?" she asked where the blonde turned to look at her in bewilderment. "Gomenasai!" she apologised.

The girl sighing, she shook her head. "It's alright Aries but come on, have we met them over the past three months?" she asked.

Aries quickly shaking her head, the blonde smiled. "There we go. As long as we make our trip quick and efficiently, then we won't meet them if there's a chance of that even happening," she said as she began to head down the staircase with the other two following. "We'll need to get some supplies for our training..." she hummed as she skimmed through Sakura's collection of weaponry.

Loke and Aries looking at each other, they looked back up to the wall to see an assortment of lethal weapons just waiting to be chosen. "They never look very inviting..." he muttered as he pointed over to the rifle where the blonde chuckled.
"When has she ever been inviting to show us these?" she replied before pointing to a particular dagger that was as long as the size of her palm. "I don't know how to use those, but a dagger is much preferable for someone like me. Do you think I'll be able to get one custom-made?" she continued where Virgo appeared.

"Hime... The train is about to arrive," she informed where the blonde nodded.

Looking back to the dagger where she then turned her head to watch her spirits leave back to their world other than Loke, she nodded her head to him. "Let's hurry before the train leaves us," she said in a hurry.

"Why the rush? It comes here roughly every ten minutes," he chuckled before walking out of the house with Lucy behind him.

Locking the door where they headed to the edge of the forest, she pulled out the rose keychain and held it close to her heart. "I would like to leave this place," she chanted where slowly the trees began to light and smoothly, the vegetation began to part to make a small path.

Both walking through, Lucy smiled and watched the scenery around her unfold. As if the animals grew very familiar with her presence, she hummed a soothing tune where the birds would chime and chatter along with her. The animals all watching at a comfortable distance, she waved them a quick farewell before finding herself standing at the side of the station.

As if everything happened at a certain sequence, the train stopped in front of them and they boarded the train. The blonde and her company sitting by the window, Lucy placed her elbow on the windowsill and slowly closed her eyes. Resting for a bit, she listened to Loke and Aries conversation before she fell asleep without realising. 

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]