Stronger and Better

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 10: Stronger and Better

She found herself enjoying her new hopes and dreams developing in her mind like a slide show. They somewhat warmed her up as her clothes began to change into a formal-looking black dress with a hair piece on her head.

The new expectations were providing her a new insight of her changed self.

The hope of becoming stronger to protect herself. The desire to jump into the middle of a fight to stop two people from hurting themselves even worse. The courage of her facing her fears with a smirk on her face rather than eyes that showed nothing but fear. The dreams to see Sakura smiling as she would secretly watch over her from time to time just to see how her progress was.

Did you all think that those were the only things that she could see happening in the future? Well guess what, you're wrong.

She saw herself working at a bar of a guild with a bright smile on her face. She saw the happiness and life in her eyes as she would talk to her spirits that would show up to talk to her. Everyone surrounding her was happy, and somehow, she found herself having a new love with a new family there to protect and aid her when danger came near their loved ones.

Her lips grew wider as she smiled at the happy, yet vivid images that she was seeing in her mind. Reaching out to it, she managed to grab onto the hopes and dreams that were right in front of her where Loke and Virgo high-fived each other at her awakening.

"Our Lucy is back..." Loke whispered as he felt a closing connection with the blonde. Virgo nodding, she entwined her fingers together with hidden glee. "We should let her return back to Sakura now..." she said before Lucy opened her eyes.

Surrounded by nothing but trees and nature, she gasped when she saw Sakura on her knees panting heavily as she tried to push herself back up. As if confused about the situation, the blonde realised why the girl was so drained as tens of people laid scattered on the lush grass beneath their feet. "She can't use too much of her other elements since it drains her. She's been protecting you and the house while you were with your spirits," Ace explained as he twisted a man's arm back to hold him down.

Lucy nodding, she took in a steady breath and watched as people began to charge towards her. Letting go of that certain inhale which seemed to have calmed her, she threw back a fist as it began to glow. "Say hello to the new me!" she cried out as she punched the man that jumped towards her.
With her fist making contact to the man's stomach, she grinned in satisfaction as she watched him fly back along with some other people. "So, this is Star Dress," she whispered in awe before kicking upwards to push away another opponent.

"So, you finally got it," Yuuto said in amusement as he stood facing outwards with his back to hers.
Nodding, she fought using melee with the power of Regulus. And as if she lost herself within this new experience of her being able to fight without her spirits out of their gates, she found herself standing with steady breaths as the criminals and trespassers began to retreat for their lives.

"Get out and stay out!" Sakura bellowed before throwing the man that she was holding into the shrubs where he couldn't help himself but to squeal in horror. Shaking her head, she thanked Ace and Yuuto as they helped her stand properly.
The three of them looking over to Lucy, they couldn't help but to smile as she looked down to her open palms in awe. "I don't feel as tired as much as I used to..." she whispered with her eyes open. Her head snapping up, she grinned in delight before giving out an excited squeal. "I can't believe I was able to fight alongside with you without any problems!" she cried out before dropping to knees to cry into her hands.

Finally! It was finally the time for her to prove herself, and them, that she wasn't what Lisanna had claimed her to be. For so long, after all the pain and suffering, she was able to see the goods in her life and be able to move on from her heartbreak...