Her New Home

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 6: Her New Home

Walking through the thick vegetation which seemed to be slowly pulling away to provide a hidden path for the group, Lucy watched as Ace and Yuuto occasionally point out a particular tree that was leading the way for them. The air around them fresh and crisp, she knew that she would love this new home of hers. There wasn't anything scary or daunting about it. In fact, it was alluring and calming - It was like as if it was recognizing her as its new owner rather than an enemy entering its territory.

Not knowing that she was smiling for the entire walk, she gasped when Sakura, Ace and Yuuto moved out of the way to reveal a clearing. There in front of her was a large open field with a small cottage sitting right in the middle in front of a waterfall. The grass lush and fairly tall in height, she didn't care that it was wild and untamed. With the grass looking like it has a life of its own, she knew that she would never trim them like what Master Makarov would do at the training fields.
Around the house, scattered and beautiful, were flowers blooming in an array of colours and sizes. It was beautiful to think that some place like this was hidden from the world and society itself.

This new place that she would soon call home was picture perfect. The waterfall has a gentle call, inviting her to relax in it. Surrounding the house was a forest that had secrets hiding within it. Maybe fairies with tails were inhabiting this place since it was just so perfect - No matter what may be hiding within those forbidden places, maybe they would be revealed once they grow accustomed to her stay.

"So, what do you think Lucy? Spectacular isn't it?" Sakura questioned, snapping her out of her thoughts to only nod in silence. Not trusting her voice, she listened to Sakura chuckle. "This place is where I call it Heaven's Field. A place untainted and forbidden from human corruption..." she explained. "You're free to call it your home -"

Snapping her head over to Ace, she turned to look at Sakura in confusion. "What do you mean?" she questioned before walking over to stand near the crimson. "Isn't this where you live to train?" she pressed on where the three looked at each other before looking at her with a smile.

"Lucy, while that may be true, we have another place here in this forest that we call home. That other place is where I share my life with my special one. We're always busy, so we don't often come to Heaven's Field. Please accept this as my gift," Sakura replied before pulling out a crystal rose keychain from her sleeve. "Take this. With this rose, this forest will open to you whenever you return home from visiting another place..." she added on, placing it on top of Lucy's open hand.

The girl taking a step back, she nodded to the blonde that was speechless. "Please take care of this very special place for me," she whispered before turning to walk towards the path that they had just taken to get here.

Lucy reaching out, Sakura stopped. "Can you please train me?" she requested out of nowhere to which the two men widened their eyes to the sudden question.

The crimson frozen, she slowly looked over her shoulder to give Lucy a bewildered look. "Lucy, I can't do that," she whispered where the blonde looked at her in confusion for the girl's facial expression.

"Why so?" she whispered, watching Sakura's face pale. "I can't control my magic as well as you think," she replied.

The blonde feeling the slight shiver given by the crimson, she pressed on. "You're an S-Class mage, right? How about you train me a little bit before you leave?" she asked once again, hearing movement coming from the side where Ace was seen standing beside her.

The black-haired knight slowly removing her hand away from Sakura's shocked figure, Yuuto pulled his master to his chest. "Sakura can't control her power with the other elements. She may be an Elemental Dragon Slayer, she can't merge them altogether into one to fight but rather uses them separately where water is her strongest and the others being her weakest," he explained which made Lucy look at Sakura with an unknown expression.