An Unfair Promise

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 36: An Unfair Promise

While Lucy was being taken by Zeref's little pets, they all sat within Sakura's house with grim expressions on their faces. Not knowing what may happen to the lovable blonde that they found themselves being overprotective of, they all sat there in silence as they tried to think of a mastermind plan to save her. As if time was running out slowly like an hourglass, they wished that Chaverine had somewhat stayed here on Earth World rather than back in her home world, the Dragon World.

"I can't believe that she slipped through me while I was that close... While I was in a weakened state too," Sakura sighed as she ran her fingers through her long crimson hair. Her eyes losing its radiance as she forced herself to remain awake for Lucy's sake, she growled before stopping as she heard Rogue sigh in front of her.

If Lucy's kidnapping did this amount of damage to her, then imagine the amount of pain that Rogue was feeling at the current moment. Opening her mouth to attempt to reassure the boy, she closed her mouth and pulled her lips back into a tight line. She couldn't say something. Not when she too feels the same with her mate, Takuto.

"We'll find her and then save her from there where I reassure you that she won't be hurt, don't you worry," Sting said where Sakura muttered a curse word under her breath. Out of all times, he just had to say something stupid!

Sighing, she shook her head. Opening her mouth to speak again, she widened her eyes and quickly snapped her head to the front door where suddenly it swung wide open. A familiar scent entering her nostrils, she watched her vision grow hazy to which she slowly stood up to lock eyes with a beautiful dark-blue eyes.

"Takuto..." she whispered, walking up to the boy where she hugged the boy standing in front of her with a soft smile. "I'm home," Takuto replied, hugging his crimson-haired mate back where he then glanced over to the two boys watching them with wide eyes.

As if Sakura sensed Sting and Rogue's discomfort, she pulled back slightly to tilt her head up to Takuto. "They're Lucy's friends, which means that they are also our friends... The blonde one over there is our guild master, Sting, so don't intimidate them," she introduced where the boys nodded their heads to the sapphire-haired boy.

Takuto giving a curt nod back to the two of them; he looked down to Sakura and sighed. "I found their hideout..." Sakura widened her eyes and broke the hug to look at him in astonishment. "Them, as in Zeref?" she whispered where he nodded in reply.
Her body feeling slightly heavy as she turned her head to look at Sting and Rogue, she nodded her head with determined eyes which flickered as it held a burning flame within them. "We will save her... Don't you worry Rogue, she'll be safe. If they want me, then they'll have to deal with me and not with Lucy," she said where Rogue tensed up and balled his fists.

"You know something... Don't you? This... This attraction I have for her..." he whispered where Sakura flinched and took a step back where she got closer with Takuto who instinctively wrapped his arms around her in protectiveness.

The crimson looking at Rogue with bewildered eyes, she looked up to her mate in disbelief before back over to Rogue. His eyes... They held anger, but most importantly confusion as he tried to hold his frustration back since he knew that she was someone important to the person that he was attracted to. "You... You haven't figured it out?" she asked.

"Figured out what?"

She glanced up to Takuto before sighing. "Unlike werewolves and perhaps any other shifter race there is, we do not have another soul shared within our bodies or like how one soul is split into two where one belongs to another... We, however, have mates like them and any other animal out there where you are fated to be with them. It is like your Red Sting of Fate. You and Lucy are mates, hence your attraction to one another," she explained before her head began to throb. "If you choose another woman, you won't attain the same happiness as you will with the one that's fated for you..."

Sting remaining quiet as he noticed Sakura's change in tone, he looked up to Takuto and raised a brow to which Takuto understood and picked her up bridal-style. His body rigid knowing that Lucy was somewhat related to Sakura's pain, he had to act on it before it was too late for the both of them.
"We should quickly head to where they are then before it's too late," he said where he looked over to his best friend that was still in a state of shock and pain. Placing a hand on his shoulder where Rogue looked at him, he gave him a reassuring smile before hearing Takuto speak with Ace and Yuuto.

"We need you to take us to these coordinates using your gates. Can you ask the Celestial King for permission quickly?" Takuto asked where Ace nodded. "He will let us regardless, but to be safe, I'll ask him now," Ace replied before returning through his gate.
"We'll be back soon. Though these coordinates, they're in the Dragon World so are you sure about this?" Yuuto asked where Sakura groaned and forced herself to keep her eyes open. "Believe in him," she replied to which Yuuto nodded and disappeared.

Her eyes looking down to the paper, she gasped before writhing in pain. "What do they want back in our world? Has Acnologia gone mad?" she whispered, pointing up to the ceiling where everyone's head followed to look up to the magic circle. "I can open it for you though, we won't need the Celestial King's permission," she groaned.

"I don't think that that'll be the right decision to make," Sting stated. Rogue nodding his head; he felt a surge of determination flow through his veins. "Please, please come back soon and take us to where Lucy is..." he said, words clearly aiming over to both wolves that belonged to Sakura where they all could feel the wolves nodding in agreement to what Rogue had said.

His mind stirring up some possibilities of what they may do the blonde, he gritted his teeth and tightened his fists till it was shaking. She was his mate for god's sake! She shouldn't be in that position in the first place!
Without him knowing, he opened his mouth to mutter something, completely unaware that everyone present in the room had the ability to hear him clearly. "If only you weren't here then Lucy wouldn't be in this situation. You should've gotten captured by him for all I cared," he said where everyone widened their eyes.

A growl interrupted him where he immediately widened his eyes in realization. Slowly meeting eyes with Sakura, a pain of guilt entered his system as he stared at the pained eyes given by the girl. "I... I didn't mean it," he said where she sadly nodded her head. "You have all the rights to say something like that Rogue. Sometimes... Sometimes I do think so myself, handing myself over to him to protect the ones I love, rather than to challenge the man that has gain immense power and support from Acnologia..." Sakura replied as she gritted her teeth before hiding her face in the crook of Takuto's neck.
"I'm sorry for putting you all in danger, and for that, I am willing to pay the price when we're free from Zeref."

Rogue lowered his gaze to look down to the floor in apology. He knew that he shouldn't say that when she was actually doing her best to protect them all from Zeref and his crooked little gang. "I'm sorry..." he said where he heard her hum to him in reply.

"We won't let your mate die since she has done nothing wrong. If we make it in time, she should still be alive and breathing, but I won't sugar up my guesses though, she may be battered and injured by the time we get there... Let me also include this, watch what you say boy, because I won't hold back if you spout those utterly disgusting words to my mate again," Takuto said, glaring at the Shadow Dragon Slayer with no much hatred due to the fact that he had mentioned something heartless and so unreasonable.

"Don't you worry Rogue... We'll bring her back, and we'll no longer involve her to our world... I can promise you that," Sakura whispered, turning to look back at the boy with her outstretched pinkie finger. With a slow curl of the short finger, she forced her herself to smile at him.

"With a promise from an elemental dragon, I can promise you that."

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]