Attack

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 52: Attack

She couldn't believe what she was hearing from Sakura's mouth while she stood there behind the girl. Just why was she apologising and saying all these depressing things when they're finally standing on equal ground as Dragon Slayers?

The blonde balling her fists as she gritted her teeth, she waited for a reply from the crimson in front of her. Hearing nothing from the person that helped her become stronger and more mentally stable, she closed her eyes as she listened to Sakura's fast-beating heartbeat where she then bit the inside of her cheek with little pressure to prevent herself from bleeding.

No matter the time, she waited. Nothing was given back to her which made her feel alienated. No one wanted to tell her the reason to Sakura's words.

"You're getting weaker because of the destruction?"

Lucy watched as Sakura tensed. Watching the girl take steady, yet deep intakes of air, she finally got a reply from the elemental dragon. "My magic is connected to the life around us... If one falters, my element will too," Sakura replied where Lucy narrowed her eyes to the vast destruction around them.
"Then you can fix this right?" she asked where Loke and Aquarius steadied themselves into an attacking stance.

Sakura widening her eyes, she looked down to the lifeless ground with questioning eyes. Could she really recover the nature around them that once grew beautifully? The same ones before they were destroyed by Zeref's magic?
Her magic was weak when it came to the nature element.

"I'm not too sure and I don't know if I have the strength for it..." Sakura whispered as she stared at the bare ground. Knowing that Zeref was carefully watching her actions in amusement, she tried her best to remain strong.
Hearing him take a deep breath, she snapped her head up just in time as he began to speak. "You're far too weak. She can't bring out your true capabilities even after accepting your title, Sakura. Only I can, like what I've done for Acnologia..." he stated where she narrowed her eyes and stood up straight.

Lucy may not be strong as Zeref, but together, they can overpower him. That may be one powerful point, but to bring him down, one must fall. In this case, the dragon must fall for its tamer, so both aren't killed in the battle...

"You may be stronger, but your magic will only kill off mine or weaken it due to our differences. Lucy is much purer than you, hence my powers are more capable of being powered by hers," she informed before looking over her shoulder to smile at the blonde.
Turning her head to face Zeref once more, she stretched her body and placed her feet together with her eyes now determined and shining with hope. "No matter what may happen, she will forever be my Tamer, and I'll forever be hers to rule over."

Sakura closing her eyes, she began to glide her cupped palms together to form an almost-looking flower bud with her hands. Her body slowly beginning to glow emerald-green, a magic circle opened below her feet where Lucy could see the distinct designs of flowers and leaves on it.

The blonde knowing that Sakura was waiting for her command, she swallowed and took in a deep breath. Raising her arm where she glanced down to the lifeless ground, she closed her eyes where she snapped them open with determination. "Sakura, bring back everything that was once alive here!" she commanded, letting go of her deep intake of air during the process where she was bewildered to her the authority and power in her voice.

Sakura following her tamer's words, she slowly pulled back her hands where her wrists where still attached. "As you wish," she smirked. Vines emerging from the centre of her connected hands, she slowly parted her wrists where she faced her palms towards the ground.