Dragon Tamer

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 19: Dragon Tamer

Running as she would frequently stop to smell the air, Sakura hissed as she weaved around the people that were in her way. Her nose picking up the scent of faint vanilla and strawberries along with Rogue's musk scent, she widened her eyes when she noticed the thick smoke visible in the sky.
Pushing herself further where she finally got to the place, she stopped to only open her mouth in horror. "What the hell happened to this place?!" she boomed before noticing three presences moving away at a drastic speed from the location.

With frantic eyes, she looked around. Not being able to find any of the three that had managed to escape, she growled under her breath before making thick roots slowly lift up the huge slabs of concrete and metal poles. "To think that they've swooped down this low," she growled as she carefully removed the broken structures of the building away.

Her ears picking up the very faint heartbeats of the two, she then quickened her working speed just as the other three came. Her body still though, she watched as Sting quickly ran past her to help his partner that was terribly injured.

Letting out a snarl of warning, Sting stopped himself from making physical contact with the Shadow Dragon Slayer. His head slowly turning to look at her, he watched as Sakura weakly looked from one person to the other with her eyes wide and evident with shock. "Is this a sign of an upcoming war?" she whispered as large water orbs engulfed the knocked-out Lucy and Rogue.

Sakura's eyes glowing red, she felt her world collapsing as she could feel her fingertips tingling in uncomfortable excitement. "She's not ready for war... I'm not even strong enough to protect her," she said before turning her head to Yukino. "Please take me to the infirmary..." she said in a detached tone. Turning her head to look back to Sting, she forced herself not to lash out for their idiocy on leaving the two to wander off by themselves. "Call for your members to fix this. I'm pretty sure that the city is going to have an uncomfortable sleep tonight," she said before following Yukino back to the guild building.

Her body feeling lighter for some reason, she slowly opened her eyes and found herself looking to Sakura. With her breathing ragged since she had inhaled a lot of dust into her system, she sighed in relief when the water removed the harmful particles from her throat before removing it through her skin.

Feeling a lot better, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the cooling sensation against her injuries - Especially the one on her leg in which she refused to land her eyes on. Sensing the crimson's eyes landing on her, she weakly smiled as she could hear the girl give out a sigh of temporary relief.

"They didn't touch you, did they?" she asked.

She shook her head before turning her attention to Yukino's figure that would often look back with a fleeting glance to her. Smiling to her, she surprised the white-haired mage. The girl giving back a sad smile, she ignored it because she didn't like the feeling of others pitying her state.

Just like what she did to Yukino, she rested on her back quietly as she ignored the public's curious gaze. Looking around in her peripheral vision, she saw Rogue heavily beaten up.
His face pale as it was distorted with nothing other than pain and agony, she froze when he turned his gaze to her. Their eyes locked onto each other; he gave her a supporting smile which was telling her that everything was going to be alright since they were under Sakura's care.

Nodding weakly in reply to his, she felt really close to the boy that tried to protect her during the time. She knew that he was protective over her since she was going to be his guild sooner or later...

That thought kind of stabbed her in the heart for some reason.

As she shook her head, she disliked the fact that she was already opening to another man. She knew that she wasn't over Natsu and his... Open rejection. She knew that if they were to meet again, then she would turn away and run from his sights.