Uncle and Niece

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 46: Uncle and Niece

Sakura watched and worriedly waved as Rogue and Lucy left the room with the dragons all standing behind her in unease. By her allowing them to walk through those hallways, she was risking her friends since she could still feel Acnologia's presence nearby, hence the reason why the dragons were guarding.

Her body tense as she watched their figures vanish, she jumped when Takuto slipped his hands over hers and held it in a comforting manner. "Their bond is strong without them even knowing..." Sakura whispered as she felt her heart tug in correspondence to her key.
Forcing out a chuckle, she felt her lips drop as she looked down to her hand entwined with her mate's. "They're completely different from us. Free to do whatever they want - Start a family... Watch their own child grow..." she whispered painfully before her eyes began to well up in tears.

Chaverine frowning as she lowered her head, used her magic to create a wall of vines in front of the doors where she then looked over to the crying Sakura and pained Takuto.

As followers to the Alpha dragon, she felt sad for Sakura and she knew of her situation. Being an elemental dragon wasn't all easy... There were many things that they'll have to risk and challenge. One risk being that only ten percent of the elemental dragon population can live on after bearing a child. That's ninety percent of elemental dragons that will die which left Sakura being one of the rare few to grow up with her mother.

Sakura applying pressure to Takuto's hands, she wiped away her tears where she then looked ahead with emotionless eyes. "I will not fall until I see my child all grown up," she whispered to herself before over to Takuto where she caressed his defined cheekbone. "I will not leave you... I cannot leave you after finding you, nor will I give up on our family," she whispered to him.

Letting out a shaky breath, she closed her eyes where she opened them to reveal her glowing eyes. Takuto too followed where he looked back into her eyes with his glowing as well. Both of them looking back to Igneel, he painfully smiled before nodding his head.

"Do not let fate decide on your lives... You two have faced a lot of challenges and have completed them without fail. Make this one of your life accomplishments as well," Igneel said as he looked down to the couple that were staring at him blankly with his glowing eyes.

Grandeeney noting how shaky their entwined hands were, she sadly smiled. "Go," she instructed where she watched the two break away where Sakura began to walk towards the wall of vines with Takuto walking towards the other exit which was facing to the direction.

Sakura passing through the vines, she sighed as she stood facing down the hallway. Looking over her shoulder where she met eyes with a sadly smiling Chaverine, she nodded her head before her wings pulled her body up into the air. "Protect those oldies," she said before zooming through the hall where she soon found herself floating in front of the castle doors.

"Please be careful Sakurine... We don't want to lose you as well," the guard said where she nodded back to him. Forcing herself to smile, faced out to the greenery again where she took in a deep inhale. With one battle cry echoing through this beautiful world, she looked up to the skies and smiled to her mother painfully. "Just how many challenges do I have to face till I'm able to actually close my eyes and peacefully sleep?" she asked under her breath before flying out.

Her mind only thinking about ways to protect her treasure, she felt someone following her where she glanced over to her right and slowly stopped. Slowly landing on her feet where she looked around, she pulled back her wings and closed her eyes.
Sensing the figure almost a few meters away from her, she snapped her eyes open once they were closer. "Just why did you jump in between when you claimed that you hated my mother?" she asked boldly.

Acnologia standing behind Sakura in his human form, she slowly turned to look at his tired state with a blank stare. "You told me every time that you hated her, though you continued to play with me deep in the forests. Just what is the reason?" she asked once more before balling her fists in frustration.

He wasn't listening to her and she knew it. All of Zeref's control was restricting him from being the once-sane person he was before... Perhaps, the person in front of her was no longer her uncle but a stranger with a collar around his neck.

Before long, the only response that she was given was merely a tired shrug which fuelled her anger even more. "You killed my father in front of my mother... Perhaps that was the reason why you took her place - To repay her!" she cried out before biting the inside of her cheek.
Frustrated, she bared her elongated fangs to him and snarled. "You hated my father because he died easily! Was that the reason -" She got interrupted when he suddenly shifted into his dragon form where she was flicked into the trees why his tail forcefully.

A grunt slipping through her lips, Sakura spat out the blood in her mouth and narrowed her eyes. "I'm over this whole family shit. The fate that was placed upon me for being an elemental dragon... Just what the hell am I? A plaything to you people - An experiment for the others to see what'll happen?!" she roared before shifting into her crimson dragon. "I have had enough of this bullshit!" she boomed, stretching her wings where she let out her first bellow of anger.
"If words cannot change you, then maybe my actions will! Come, uncle! Let me show you the reason why they called me ruthless while growing up without a mother in the Human World!"

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]