Fight On

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 49: Fight On

Lucy stood there straight and tall as she balled her fists. Her mind telling her not to look at the fallen dragons, she gritted her teeth as she watched him appear from the dust cloud that she brewed up after her second roar.

Just why hasn't he fallen yet? Even though her hits have been direct hits...

"Just why are you so keen on overpowering us? Why Sakura and I to achieve everything?" she asked as he smirked to her direction. Her body on guard as she eyed every body movement, she tensed up once he stopped roughly a few meters away from her.

His eyes telling her that he has so many things planned out for them, she glanced over her shoulder before back to him where she sighed in relief. If he closed the distance between them, then it'll be all over for her within a blink of an eye.

"All I need is your crystal. That's all I want to control Sakurine, the Alpha of the Alpha Dragons," he replied before motioning to the dragons around him with his hands. "Imagine all of these dragons submitting to me with two opposing dragons following my every command. I can rule the world with Acnologia and Sakurine standing behind me, and maybe, I can create the ultimate dragon if I make those two dragons' mate," he chuckled.

Dropping his arms, he narrowed his eyes to her direction. "I believe you hardly know Sakurine's past, nor do you know what may happen to her in the future..." he began where Lucy closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Don't... Don't feed me lies!" she cried out as her magic began to build up inside of her.

Snapping her eyes open, she faced both of her palms up to the air where a ball of stars formed above them. Gradually growing bigger, she spaced her fingers apart from each other. "Celestial Dragon's Celestial Sphere!" she yelled, throwing the ball towards Zeref where he disappeared, only to reappear behind her.

With a smile on his face, he chuckled to Lucy's lack of control over her magic. "I expected more from the chosen tamer, but I was wrong! You're far too weak, even after gaining the knowledge and power of a celestial dragon's!" he mocked before kicking Lucy in the back where she staggered back before forward.

The blonde snapping her head to glare at him, stars wrapped themselves around her leg where she lunged forward to kick him. "They don't deserve to get chained up like this!" she cried out as he stopped her by easily catching her leg where he tightened his grip.
Stars shattering, she widened her eyes in horror as he looked at her with a blank face. Throwing her into a dragon not so far away, she groaned as she slowly stood up and looked over her shoulder. "T-These dragons..." she whispered, noting the black substance slowly engulfing them.

"Taking them down was so easy... I don't get the whole Dragon Slaying magic thing when they're this easy to knock them from the sky," Zeref said as he approached her.

Lucy turning her attention to Zeref, she was about to say something when suddenly she felt something sharp pierce into her stomach. Coughing up blood, she looked into his eyes before slowly dropping her gaze to his hand embedded in her body. "You won't gain anything by doing this..." she coughed.

"And you cannot protect those that Sakurine is trying to protect. You're just a pathetic human with no talent in anything," he mocked before Loke appeared beside them with deadly eyes.
The spirit throwing his arm back, Zeref smirked as he moved Lucy's body in between them. "You..." Loke snarled as he stopped himself from throwing his arm forward. Standing there conflicted, Loke dropped his arm and gritted his teeth in anger. "Let go of our master," he said boldly where Zeref smirked.

"Why is everyone so overprotective about such a weak thing? You're a spirit, you're going to watch her die in the future anyway," Zeref questioned as he twisted his hand in her stomach.