Returning

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 29: Returning

Like what Chaverine estimated, Lucy and the others arrived to Fairy Tail in roughly ten minutes without delay. The dragon landing on their training grounds, Rogue helped Lucy jump off from the dragon's back where Sting threw down the tied-up mage over to him who then quickly caught it in ease. "Man, you're heavy," Sting grumbled to the wizard that they had captive.

"Chaverine, please quickly change back! We don't need these people knowing that you're a dragon," Lucy called out where the girl quickly nodded. Chaverine quickly transforming back into her human form, she jogged over to the blonde where she smiled at her. "Thank you... This guild just made me not want to reveal the greatest of secrets to them," Lucy reasoned as they began to walk around the guild building to get themselves to the front entrance where loud booms of laughter could be heard from where they stood.

Sting and Rogue taking in a deep breath, they narrowed their eyes at the wooden door as Chaverine did the same thing, only to find herself turning to Lucy with questioning eyes. "Why do I smell a faint scent of Igneel?" the dragon whispered.
"His son is in there..." Lucy whispered before opening the doors to reveal an all too familiar scene happening in front of her with Natsu and Gray fighting with Erza stomping her way towards them.

Before Erza could reach the two though, Natsu stopped his bickering to only turn his head to look at her with widened eyes. Gray noticing his friend's lack of attention on him, he too stopped to turn his head to the same direction as Natsu's to only have the same reaction.
Their eyes pointing to the female blonde, Erza's pair of eyes soon joined in where sooner or later, the entire guild's attention were on the five at the door. Frozen in place since they never knew when they'll meet the blonde again, they stayed planted in their spots until Sting faked a cough to snap them out of their train of thoughts.

"Is your Master at home?" Sting gruffed as he stood there tall with his chest poking out to show that he was ready to strike if they were to do something unnecessary.

"He's out right now in a meeting... What do you need, Sting?" Erza replied, walking towards them where Lucy tensed her body and balled her fists. She had to stay cool or they'll strike her like a python hunting down its prey. Her head high where Rogue glanced over to her stiff body, she opened her mouth. "We're here for Master Makarov and nothing else. Please notify him and the Magic Council of our arrival..." she said where everyone widened their eyes.
"We're here just for this issue and nothing else so we don't need your hospitality," she pressed on with her eyes following Lisanna who happened to appear besides Natsu.

Lisanna's fingers gliding across Natsu's chest, she faked a pout where Sting gave Lucy a questioning look. "He doesn't want to see the guild's harasser anymore... He announced it just a week after you ran away, Lucy," she stated as she leaned into her boyfriend. Her eyes shining in mischief as she looked over to the blonde, she widened her eyes when her actions didn't affect the blonde that was standing in front of her.

Gray forcing himself to smile, he began to walk over to the blonde. "Lucy... You're back!" he said where he frowned once he noticed her body flinch. Stopping himself from walking anymore closer to her, he frowned as Wendy ran past him to run into Lucy with a huge smile. "Lucy-san, I've been looking for you everywhere! Where have you been?!" she cried out.

The teenager snuggling into the stiff blonde, she noticed the difference in the her as she continued her embrace. Lucy's body felt denser and sturdier, as if she had been training for a while now. Her hair was longer, and her face held so many emotions in her eyes which seemed to reveal itself before hiding from the world. With eyes that were once full of life, they seemed unstable, but slowly getting there.