Actual Plan

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 48: Actual Plan

For a while now, Rogue has been trying to reassure her that they were going to be fine against Zeref. Their walk having to be roughly ten minutes since they were power walking, they stood in front of Skiadrum who dipped his head down to them. "I'll take you to him. Hurry... Please don't let his words fool you," he said where they both nodded.

Jumping high into the air where the shadow dragon caught them, Lucy tensed as Skiadrum began to take flight. Rogue noting her rigid body as she tried her best to act normal, he placed an arm around her shoulder where it felt so right. The girl looking at him in confusion, he smiled without having to force it. "I'll steady you since this is your first time on a dragon's back," he reassured where she shyly nodded and looked away.

The old dragon taking them towards a dead cleaning, Lucy gasped in horror when she saw many injured dragons lying in the floor. "B-But how?" She whispered, unable to fully estimate Zeref's power as they hovered above the man in black.

Her eyes on the man down below, she widened her eyes when he suddenly vanished from her sight, making her shuffle back. The man appearing in front of them, they flinched where he disappeared and reappeared beside her with a smirk. "I'll be taking you, thank you very much," he whispered in her ear before grabbing her neck where he threw her down towards the ground.

"Lucy!" Rogue cried out where a black wave came flying towards their direction. Skiadrum gritting his teeth, he had no other choice but to pull back. "What are you doing Skiadrum?! Lucy is down there!" Rogue yelled, wanting to jump off where Skiadrum's body rumbled.
"I'm sorry son, but this is how it's supposed to be. If we want to defeat them, we need Sakura to be enraged. We need them to become servant and master," Skiadrum reasoned where he began to fly away from Lucy and Zeref where he flew towards another direction.

"What do you mean? Sakura can't do everything you know!" Rogue snarled. Skiadrum ignoring his complaint, he continued to fly where he looked over his shoulder quietly before looking back to the front. "They are more powerful together. Their bond rivals with your mate bond."

The Shadow Dragon Slayer unable to do anything as he watched Lucy fall towards the ground, he felt his heart sink where suddenly a bright glow erupted from the blonde. "I'm not the same as before!" He widened his eyes where Skiadrum turned to look back as well. Unable to determine what was happening over there, all they could do was watch as they fly towards the next location.

"Celestial Dragon's Roar!"

Skiadrum smirked as he watched the blonde deliver a powerful roar. As expected from Starisha - To pass down the magic into the child. Indeed, that was a superb idea, but a risky one too.

If Lucy understand its power, then she will be safe from the magic's wrath.

"Your mate is indeed powerful," the dragon hummed as he flew. "She may be able to fight, but Zeref is powerful... You cannot fight the Master without a dragon."

Rogue watching as Zeref dodged the roar, he looked at Lucy in disbelief as she landed on her feet like a graceful cat. Her head snapping upwards where her blonde hair flicked back, she slowly stood up where she gave out another roar before jumping high into the air with ribbon-like magic dancing around her arm. "Celestial Dragon's Wing Attack!" she then yelled.

The boy unable to see his mate, he turned his attention to his father with his blood boiling inside of him. He should be helping her, not flying away where she's left to fight by herself against Zeref. "Where are you taking me?" he asked boldly.

"I know that you want to fight alongside with her, but we all noticed something about you. You're not at your full potential. Like Sting, we're going to push you into the deep end by allowing you to fight against the man that you despise... Your former Guild Master," Skiadrum explained where Rogue glared at his father with so much hate. "Why the hell are you making me fight against him? Wasn't Takuto supposed to be handling him?" he growled.

Skiadrum shook his head. "He's only holding him back, so he won't get the chance to take Sakura's key. You'll be fighting, and he'll be aiding," he explained which made Rogue ball up his fists.

Sighing, Rogue laid on his back and stared up to the sky. It's been tiring and stressful, and with Lucy not here by his side, the day wasn't going to end peacefully until she's there right next to him with a bright smile on her face.

Covering his eyes, he gave out one more long sigh. "Don't worry Lucy... I'll be back soon after I defeat him," he whispered where Skiadrum smiled to himself.

Indeed, their mate bond was much better than Sakura and Takuto's when they first found each other...

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]