Silent Beauty: Chapter Five

Chapter 5:

Liam’s POV:

                The tears streamed down my face endlessly. I didn’t know what to do with myself. Without my angel, I was just an empty shell of man. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t do anything. I was almost dead inside.

                Without her, I was nothing. I looked down at her pale yet beautiful face and held her cold unmoving hand. The only thing that kept me somewhat sane was the slight rise and fall of her chest and the soft yet steady beating of her heart.

                That was the only thing for me to live for now. For three weeks I had done nothing but sit by her bedside and mope. I cried a lot and begged her to wake up, or at least give me a sign that she was alright, but she never moved.

                Another tear fell down, as the doctor walked in the room, and I sunk my head into the bed with my hair falling over Alexandra’s arm and hand that I was holding. My brown hair had grown longer and was greasy due to how little I showered.

                It might seem insane to barely shower for three weeks, but I was worried sick about the woman I love.  Dr. Torres checked her out and wrote down what he saw on his clipboard. Most likely he just wrote “NO CHANGE” as he had every day since she came here.

                It killed me a little bit inside each dad he wrote that down and she didn’t wake up. Every day that passed meant there was more chance that she wouldn’t wake up at all. I pushed that from my mind not wanting to even consider the possibility.

                Once I was positive there was no sign I had been crying, although Jack probably knew I was, I lifted my head to look at him. As future Alpha, nobody but my mate could see me crying. It would show weakness even though any male in my position would be crying too.

                I searched Jack’s face, and didn’t like what I saw. He had discouraged and surrender on his face. I shook my head forcefully at him not wanting to hear the words that came out of his mouth next, but he knew I needed to hear them.

                “Liam. I’m so sorry. It’s been three weeks. I don’t know how long her body can hold on. I don’t think she is going to make it.” He said with a solemn look on his face. I put my head back down letting the words really sink in while he left the room shutting the door on his way out.

                She had to make it. She just had too. I wasn’t going to let her go when I had so little time with her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, and get to know everything about her. I wanted to marry her and have her carry my pups and raise them with her always by my side.

                The tears began to fall again, but I didn’t care. My mate might never wake up. I might never see her gorgeous blue eyes again. I may never get to hear her voice or tell her that I love her. She would never know how much I cared for her.

                Just then I heard the door open, and I felt a small soothing hand on my shoulder. I knew from the touch that it was my mother and I knew Jack had told her and everybody else the news. She was trying to comfort me, but nothing could make me feel better right now.

                Well, there was one thing, but the doctor had just told me it was basically impossible. There was almost no chance my angel, my mate, my angel, my everything would wake up. It was all my fault, too. I should’ve protected her better. Then she wouldn’t be lying on this bed right now.