Silent Beauty: Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18:

Liam’s POV:

                Ally and I looked at each other before darting towards the kitchen. I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t what I saw when we finally entered the kitchen.

                We stopped in our tracts and I couldn’t hold back my laughter. My mother was currently standing over Anthony who was in a fetal position on the floor.

                She was holding a wooden spoon in her hand and glaring menacingly down at him while he cowered and shielded his face. “Yeah! You should be scared! That’s what you get for breaking into my house and stealing my food.” She shrieked at him.

                By now both Ally and I were laughing uncontrollably and my father had finally run into the room. He was growling lowly as he scanned the room for danger, and when he saw Anthony and my mother he stomped over to them.

                I instantly stopped laughing because this was now serious. If my dad thought my mother was in trouble and that Anthony was a threat, he wouldn’t hesitate to kill him.

                He gently pushed my mother behind him and picked Anthony up, holding him by his neck. I tried to pull his hands off of Anthony, but my attempts didn’t seem to faze him whatsoever, and Anthony was about to pass out.

                “DAD! Stop! Leave him alone!” I screamed trying to reason with him, but nothing was working. I looked to my mother pleadingly and she looked confused for a second before wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her head into his back.

                He calmed down slightly and finally let go of Anthony dropping his to the floor with a “thud”. My mother let go of him for a second to come around to his side as I helped Anthony to his feet.

                This seemed to anger my father again, though, because his fist clenched and he lifted it ready to strike. His fist was flying towards Anthony’s face when Ally jumped in front of him and I dove for him, but I was too late.

                I growled loudly as Ally screamed out in pain, and I couldn’t stop myself from launching at him. He didn’t even try to fight back as he looked at his fist in horror. I kept punching him until I realized that I needed to make sure Ally was alright.

                I know that should have been the first thing on my mind, but I was just so livid, and I was sure that Anthony would take care of her.

                Before getting up, I gave my father a threatening growl. Then I looked over to Anthony who was holding Ally’s head in his lap. It took me a moment to realize that she had passed out and when I did, I was tempted to attack my father again.

                I ignored my temptation and sat down pulling Ally into my arms. I growly lowly when instead of wrapping her arms around me she fell limply into my lap.

                She really was out and I noticed a bruise forming around her eye. I cradled her head and stroked her cheek tenderly. I leaned down and kissed her forehead softly before looking up.

                My father was sitting at the counter with his head in his hands and I could hear his sobs echoing around the silent room. My mother was trying to comfort him and Anthony was staring at Ally while I stroked her hair.

                Sighing, I picked Ally up bridal style. “I am going to take Ally to bed now. Try not to kill Anthony, Ally’s brother while he follows me with some ice.” I said sending Anthony a look telling him that I was serious about getting some ice.

                He nodded and without another glance towards my parents I walked up to my room with Anthony in tow. When we reached the room, I set her down on the bed and took the ice.

                “Oh. Your room is just across the hall. I know it is extremely boring. It’s always just been the guest room so we haven’t bothered to really decorate it that much. Don’t worry, though. We can go shopping for furniture and stuff soon.” I said and he silently nodded as he headed towards the door.

                As he stepped into the hallway I said, “Anthony. Go see her. I know it’s killing you inside not being with her, so go. But if you get caught, Ally is going to kill me, so don’t get caught, cause I rather like living. I know you will want to bring her with you, but it will start a war. We will get her out of their soon, though.” I said meaning every word.

                Anthony sighed in relief. “Thanks, man. It was hard enough before I knew she was my mate, but now that I do know, I can’t stand the thought of her alone with them. I’m guessing you don’t want me to tell Ally, right.” He smirked slightly at me and I nodded vigorously.

                “I will end up telling her by tomorrow anyway. God knows, I can’t keep a secret from her if my life depended on it.” I said while climbing in bed with Ally and pulling her into my side.

                I heard Anthony chuckle quietly before exiting the room. I briefly watched him go before looking down at Ally.

                By now she had a nasty black eye and her cheek was slightly swollen. I held back a growl, as I gently cupped her cheek.

                I can’t believe he actually hit her. I know he didn’t mean to, and I also know he felt horrible. That was one reason that kept me from shifting and attacking him right now.

                The other reason was that if I attacked him again, his wolf wouldn’t be as lenient and let me get away with it. I would be challenging him for Alpha position by fighting with him, and I don’t want to do that. 

                It’s not going to be easy, but I will just have to find it in me to forgive my father.