Silent Beauty: Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19:

Anthony's POV:

When Liam told me to go see my Gracie it took all my will power to stay there talking to him for even a second. Now that I knew she was my mate, I had to see her. I couldn't leave her with those awful people without her knowing that I loved her and that I was going to get her out of that place. Yes, I loved her, and not just because I now knew she was my soulmate.

The truth is that I have loved Gracie for awhile now, but she never really showed much interest in having any sort of romantic relationship with me which was odd since I'm sure she knew that we were mates. She was always nice to me and I always tried to spend time with her, but she always seemed somewhat distant. Tonight I am going to tell her that I love her, though, and only hope that she feels the same. 

I was so consumed in my thoughts that I hadn't realized I was already outside the Simmon's pack house. I sighed gratefully when I realized that it was Tuesday and the men of the house would have been partying and drinking all night so it would be easier for me to sneak in, not that I wouldn't have gone in if it hadn't been Tuesday. It just would have been a bit more difficult. 

I took a deep breath before silently creeping around to the back of the house where Gracie's room was located, and I stealthily climbed up the tree leading up to her balcony. I was shaking with nervousness and excitement so it took me a minute to climb up, and I had to take deep breaths to calm myself down before I quietly slid her door open and walked in scanning her room for her beautiful face but coming up empty. 

My heart dropped and my breathing spiked as I began to panic. What if they had done something to her while I was gone? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew that something happened to her while I was gone. LIke Liam said, I felt very protective over her because she was my mate, and I can't stand the thought of her being harmed. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to pick out her scent. As I did so I could sense that her scent was strongest over by the closet, so I figured she must be hiding in there. I assumed that she hid in here when the pack members were getting drunk so that she would have less chance of being raped or abused. 

As far as I knew she hadn't been touched sexually. Her father may be ruthless, and he may let the men smack her around a bit, but I'm almost sure he hasn't allowed any of them to touch her in that way. I sighed in relief at that thought as I cautiously opened the closet door, not wanting to startle her. 

It seemed my efforts were pointless though as I heard a sharp intake of breath before Gracie started to quietly sob. My heart ached at the sound and I could sense how scared she was as she said, "P-p-please just l-leave me alone." I felt myself become murderously angry that because of her father and how he lived, Gracie was always scared and hiding. That would all change soon, though. I was going to get her out of here and we were going to live happily in Liam's pack where it was safe.

"Shh.. Baby don't cry. I would never hurt you. Please don't be afraid of me," I whimpered out trying to see her in the darkness that consumed the closet. As I waited for her response I ran my hand up the wall searching for a light switch and quickly flicked it on when I finally found it. 

Light illuminated the closet and what I saw made my heart break. My Gracie was sitting in the corner curled up with tears streaming down her face. When she looked up at me she gave me a watery smile and I took that as a sign rushing over and pulling her into my arms as I sat on the ground next to her. "A-anthony? Where have you been all day?I was starting to get worried." She mumbled into my shirt as I stroked her back soothingly. I felt horrible for making her worry, and I can't even imagine what she would feel like if I hadn't come to visit her tonight.