Silent Beauty: Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14:

Anthony’s POV:

                I sighed as I walked towards the food court in the mall. I was heading towards the McDonalds to get food for Mark and all his friends. Really I should’ve been rushing, but I don’t even care anymore.

                Mark has been pushing me around for 6 years and I’m almost beyond caring now. I would run away, but I know that they would find me. I’m too much fun for them to just let me go, and if I was gone, they would have to find another slave.   

                Yeah, I was a slave of sorts for Mark. I was sleeping on the streets one night when I was 10 and thought they could find some use for me so they kidnapped me and I tried to struggled as they dragged me into their car, but then one of them bit my neck making me black out almost instantly.

                At the time, I was in extreme pain and I had no idea what was going on or why they had bit me. When the pain finally stopped, they briefly explained what had happened, though, and it took a while to get used to the idea that I was a werewolf.

                They only gave me about a day to recover from the painful transformation, and then they began beating me and making me run errands for them. I was their own personal slave and they loved the control they had over me.

                I would run away, but they would find me. I know they would, and I have nowhere to go. My sister would probably hate me by now if she is even alive. It pained me to even think that one day our father had gone too far.

                Alex was strong, though, and I just had to believe that she was fine and maybe she even found a way out of that awful man’s grasp. I just had to hope that she was alive and healthy.

                I began thinking of memories from when I was younger and Alex and how we used to be attached at the hip. I was thinking of her and thinking about how she must have felt when I never came back when suddenly I felt somebody run into me.

                I snapped out of my thoughts and steadied the person as they began to fall backwards. I finally looked down to the person that I was still holding on to, and my breath caught in my throat.

                In front on me was a girl my age with shiny, sleek, blonde hair falling in waves past her shoulders and blue eyes that I saw every time I looked into a mirror. She was much shorter than me and the top of her head only reached my shoulders.

                We continued to stare at each other not believing what we were seeing when I heard a deep growl from behind the girl. Without taking my eyes from hers, I noticed that a boy around my age stood behind her shaking violently.

                “Let her go, NOW.” He snarled at me, but I didn’t even flinch. I had been snarled and growled at like that for years by men much older than him. I had a hunch that was confirmed when I sniffed the air.

                He was a werewolf, and I wasn’t surprised when he grabbed my arms shoving them away from the girl with enough force to break a human’s arm. It didn’t hurt me at all, though, so I just continued to stare at the girl as he moved her behind him and stood in front of her protectively.

                I expected the girl to be frightened by his outburst, but she just continued to stare at me, and the longer I looked at her, the more sure I was that this was my sister.

                “Alex.” I whispered just to make sure that this was her. I was almost positive, but it could always just be a coincidence that she looked like me.

                I watched her intently and knew it was in fact Alex by the way she reacted to the name. She gasped and her eyes watered slightly before she softly muttered, “Anthony?”

                 I nodded once and before I knew it she launched herself out from behind the man and into my arms hugging me tightly. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck as she held onto me for dear life, and I felt her tears soaking through my shirt, but I didn’t care.

                I held onto her just as tight, and I never wanted to let go, but I heard a deep low growl and looked up to see the werewolf shaking and glaring at me hatefully while also looking somewhat sad. Great… I found my sister but I also got a murderously angry werewolf.

Liam’s POV:

                I pulled Ally behind me while glaring at the guy who refused to let her go. How dare he touch my mate like that? All I wanted to do was kill him, but I couldn’t leave Ally alone, so for right now I would settle with just glaring at him, but he wasn’t even paying attention to me.

                He was still staring at Ally, and that angered me even more. Nobody should be staring at her like that. She was MINE. My wolf agreed with me and just as I was about to confront the guy he whispered, “Alex” and I heard Ally gasp from behind me.

                “Anthony?” She asked with tears welling in her eyes and I was going to turn around and hug her when she jumped away from me and into the guy’s arms after he nodded.

                He looked shocked for a moment, but quickly recovered and held her tightly as she wrapped her legs around his waist. I could hear her crying into his shoulder, and I was beyond furious now.

                Nobody is allowed to hug or comfort my mate like that except for me. My wolf was practically begging for me to let him out, but I held back because he wasn’t forcing her to hug him. She jumped on him.

                I growled lowly and the guy snapped his head up while I tried to focus on glaring at him instead of dwelling on the fact that my mate was clinging onto another man.

                He didn’t look scared but wary. I sniffed wondering why he wasn’t afraid of me when I caught his scent. He was a werewolf and that brought another growl out. My mate was clinging on to another werewolf!

                Ally jumped down from him and turned around staring at me with puffy swollen eyes. I immediately calmed down seeing her crying and I rushed over to her engulfing her in a hug.

                “Ally?! What’s wrong? Are you alright?” I asked worriedly, and I heard her laugh before pulling away. Confused I looked down at her while she just smiled at me before grabbing the boy’s hand and pulling him next to her.

                This made my anger flare to life once again and I knew I was shaking, on the verge of shifting. I had no thought in my mind besides all the ways I could kill him when I felt a soft hand on my cheek.

                I closed my eyes savoring the feel of her touching me and my anger simmered down until it was all gone and replaced by care for Ally.

                I opened my eyes to see the other wolf looking at us curiously and Ally smiled at me. “Liam, you need to calm down. I have a feeling I am going to be hugging this guy a lot, and you can’t shift every time.” She said with a giggle.

                I tried not to get angry as she said that, so I focused on giving her a lost expression so she would finish explaining.

                She removed her hand from my cheek and grabbed the guys hand again pushing me slightly towards me before letting go of him quickly probably so she didn’t upset me.

                “Liam, I want you to meet Anthony, my brother.” She said with a smile and her words registered in my brain. This was her brother?

                It only took a minute for that to sink in and when it did, I lunged at Anthony who was holding his hand out for me to shake and I tackled him to the ground while growling.