Silent Beauty: Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13:

Ally’s POV:

                I woke up with somebody jumping on the bed and pulling the blankets away. I knew that it wasn’t Liam because his arm was still securely around my waist.

                I lazily opened my eyes to see a blonde-haired tornado destroying the bed and hopping up and down. Laughing I sat up noticing Liam was just now opening his eyes, and when he noticed somebody else was in the room he went on high alert.

                He began frantically looking around the room while slightly leaning in front on me. At this I had to let out a giggle. “Liam. It’s fine. We just got an unexpected wake up call.” I said pointing to Adam who was now sitting innocently on the chair next to the bed.

                He stared at us like he didn’t do anything wrong, and Liam gave him an evil smile. “Oh. You’re going to get it now, Adam.” He said playfully and Adam squealed before unsuccessfully trying to flee from the room.

                Liam grabbed him around his waist and picked him up spinning his around in circles while they both laughed before bringing him over to the bed. He set Adam down and Adam immediately climbed over to me and hugged me with his arms around my neck.

                I hugged him back and he pulled away looking at me nervously. “Ally? The kids from the pack didn’t believe that you guys were actually my friends. They laughed and said I was probably just thinking of my imaginary friends, and there was no way the Alpha or his mate would want to hang out with me.” He said sadly and I hugged him to me again.

                “Adam. Don’t listen to them. We will always be your friends. Those kids are just jealous. Are they still outside now?” I said softly guessing that they had said this before Adam came inside here.

                Adam just nodded before burying his head into my, well Liam’s, shirt. I looked up to Liam who had a hard look on his face. He nodded at me, and obviously we were both thinking the same thing because Liam held his hand out for me and he helped me up and out of the room.

                We headed through the house and out the front door noticing a group of boys around Adam’s age all laughing and messing around. I glared at them.

                Liam chuckled. “Remember they are only like six alright.” He said and I pouted at him. He laughed putting his arms around my waist leading towards the group.

                Adam sniffled in my arms. I rubbed my hand through his hair calming him down. I really hated to see him in pain. I felt responsible for this little boy in my arms and I knew I would take care of him no matter what.

                The boys had stopped laughing and were watching us approach with scared looks on their faces. I wondered why they were scared until I looked over to Liam who had a firm look on his face that could scare anybody.

                Well, except for me. I knew he was just a big softie at heart, but he had to look all big and mighty in front of his pack.

                We finally reached the boys and Liam looked at me offering a small smile urging me to tell them off. I knew he could tell I really wanted to do this. I felt I had to protect Adam like he was my own child.

                “So, you guys have been messing with my BEST friend.” I stated emphasizing that Adam was my best friend.

                They all visibly gulped and I did a mental victory dance for actually being able to scare anybody. The one that looked like the leader stepped up and tried to look me in the eyes. “S-s-see w-w-we d-didn’t know t-t-that h-h-he w-w-was t-telling the t-tr-truth.” He stuttered and I felt Adam slightly giggle into my neck.