Silent Beauty: Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17:

Ally’s POV:

                Anthony and Liam stared at me waiting for me to reveal my plan to them. This plan had to work because I couldn’t let Tony go back there. I had him back and I wasn’t going to let him leave just so he could get beaten and treated like a slave.

                “If they thought you were dead, they wouldn’t come after you would they?” I asked looking at Tony. He raised his eyebrow at me before nodding slowly.

                “No. I suppose they wouldn’t. How exactly do you expect to make them think I am dead?” He asked doubtfully. I pondered that for a minute. This was the part of the plan that I wasn’t sure about yet.

                “Hmm… Somehow we have to get your death story in the newspaper or something. We will need to make you look dead. I don’t think they will believe it unless they see a picture or proof.” I said trying to think of a way to do that.

                Suddenly Liam exclaimed, “Wait! There is a woman in the pack who is a news reporter for the local news station. She could run the story. We could make it seem like he was mauled by wolves. They wouldn’t think twice about it.” Liam said happy that he could contribute to the plan.

                 I beamed at him. “Liam! That’s a great idea.” Liam nodded happily and I looked over to Tony. I expected him to be happy, too, but I saw him deep in thought with a troubled look on his face.

                “Tony? What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly. Did he not like the idea? It took him a minute to look up and meet my gaze.

                “I-I-I don’t know. I mean Alex, my mate is there. I can’t just leave her with those awful people thinking that I’m dead.” He whispered out brokenly.

                I didn’t know what to say to that. I couldn’t exactly argue with them. I mean if I thought Liam was dead, I don’t know what I would do. I don’t think I would be able to function knowing he was gone.

                Liam must have noticed my distress because he cut in. “Anthony. My mate is going to be extremely upset if you leave, so I’m going to try to make a deal with you. If you stay, we will find a way to save your mate and the rest of the woman from the pack.” Liam said.

                Anthony looked torn. Confusion and indecision was written all over his face. I looked down and began tracing patterns on the back of Liam’s hand while waiting impatiently to hear Tony’s answer.

                “Why would you do that for me?” Tony asked softly looking away from Liam’s intense gaze. Liam didn’t waste a second before answering.

                “You leaving will make my mate upset and if there is one thing I hate more than anything else in this world, it is seeing her upset. Plus, over the years that pack has kidnapped a few woman from our pack and we have been contemplating an attack on them for a while now. I think with your help and knowledge of their pack we could destroy them.” Liam said confidently.

                I gaped at him. He wanted to attack that pack that he said was known for being ruthless and cruel. How could he do that? What if he gets hurt?

                Tony stared intently at Liam to see if he was being serious and after a few seconds he replied. “Fine. Let’s do this.” He said and Liam gave a small smile before turning to me.

                By now I was panicking on the inside and I’m sure it showed on my face, because Liam immediately became concerned. “Ally, what’s wrong?” He asked slightly panicky, and I just shook my head gathering my thoughts.

                “You can’t go!” I exclaimed in a high pitch voice startling both Tony and Liam. Liam was quick to get over it and give me a reassuring smile.

                “Ally. We have to. This pack has to be stopped and we have to save all those women. We have to do this.” He said to me boldly leaving no room for argument.

                Tears welled in my eyes for what felt like the millionth time today and I stood up angrily. “Fine! Go off and fight! Leave me here to worry about you the entire time! Did you ever think about how I felt? I want to save those women too, but I can’t help but be scared that you aren’t going to come back and I am going to be left all alone!” I screamed, my voice breaking towards the end.

                Then, not giving him a chance to reply, I ran out of the room and up the stairs.  I know I was overreacting, but I couldn’t stand the thought of him leaving and never coming back. I needed him and I know I am being selfish but I can’t stand to lose him.

Liam’s POV:

                I watched Ally run out of the room with tears running down her face and my chest tightened. I wanted to chase after her and hold her in my arms, but I had to deal with Anthony first.

                I turned to him and rushed out. “Get up!” Then without waiting for him I hurried out of the room and practically ran to the kitchen with Anthony in tow.

                When we got there I spit out, “Ok. Eat anything you want and stay in here. I have to go talk to Ally.” Then I sprinted out of the room and up the stairs until I was in front of my door where I heard sobbing and sniffling from inside.

                I opened the door and slowly stepped in not wanting to startle Ally, but she barely glanced at me before burying her head into the pillow again.

                I walked over and laid down beside her wrapping my arm around her and pulling her into my side. “Ally. Look at me.” I whispered softly waiting for her to look up and meet my gaze. When she did I was shocked at what I saw.

                In her eyes I saw fear and vulnerability. “Angel, I have to do this. Think about if you were the one stuck in that house while you thought your mate was dead and you spent your whole life not knowing that he was alive.” I said gently.

                She looked away from me and answered. “I know. God, I’m such a selfish person. I just can’t stand the thought of you going and fighting and the possibility of you getting hurt.” She said still not meeting my gaze.

                I put my hand under her chin and lifted her head so she was looking at me. “Ally. You are the most unselfish person I have ever met, and you have nothing to worry about. I will always come back to you.” I said trying to calm her thoughts.

                It seemed to have worked a little bit as her tears stopped and she snuggled into me. “Just promise me you won’t get hurt Liam.” She whispered into my chest.

                “I promise Ally.” I said strongly and she seemed to have finally calmed down completely. I lifted her chin again so she was facing me and I pecked her on the lips.

                I felt her smile before pulling away and burying her head into my chest again. We laid in silence for a minute enjoying each other’s company before I heard a loud screech.

                We sat up quickly and I listened carefully hearing a loud crash from the kitchen. I was on high alert now. I stood up pulling Ally with me when I heard screaming.

                “DEREK!!! DEREK!!!” I heard my mother shouting, and it only took a second before I was out the door and running towards the kitchen with Ally right behind me.