Silent Beauty: Chapter Six

Chapter 6:

Liam’s POV:

                I was so happy. My whole life finally had a purpose. I still can’t believe she woke up. It was a miracle. It doesn’t matter what it was though because she was awake!

                Even better, she knew that I was a werewolf, and she didn’t even run away screaming when I told her. She even accepted me as her mate. My heart swelled when she smiled and hugged me as I told her.

                Now, I just had to get her to talk. I wonder if she’s able to talk. Maybe she can’t physically talk. That would be a shame, but I would still love her no matter what. We would overcome any problem or complication.

                As I mentally noted that I should ask her about her voice, I walked down the stairs. A huge grin on my face and I practically skipped into the kitchen where my whole family and Ethan’s were sitting. Ethan’s father, Thomas, was the beta and my father’s best friend so they were over here a lot.

                Our father’s would talk business while our mothers would gossip and talk about fashion. Then Ethan would either hang out with Leah or I. They were practically family, and someday when Ethan and Leah got married we would be in-laws.

                When I walked in the conversation stopped and they all stared at me confused. I don’t blame them. I haven’t smiled let alone leave the room other than to go to the bathroom since Ally went into the coma. They were probably stunned to see me.

                “Hello, family and second family.” I said cheerfully before grabbing two plates and loading them up with all the amazing breakfast food my mom had made. I put eggs, waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and anything else I could find.

                I wasn’t sure what she liked yet so I got a little bit of everything, knowing that soon I was going to find out everything I possibly could about her. I decided to just get us both some orange juice and water before loading it all on a tray to take up to her.

                I looked up from the food to see everybody still staring at me with their mouths agape. I laughed at their faces, which seemed to shock them even more. “She’s awake. She’s fine, and I told her that I was a werewolf and she is my mate. She didn’t even seem to mind. She still hasn’t talked, though.” I said frowning at the end.

                My mother jumped up rushing over to me and hugging me excitedly. I hugged her back as everybody got out of their seats and came to hug me or congratulate me. My sister and both my mother and Ethan’s began talking animatedly about having another girl to shop with.

                I shook my head at them and excused myself so I could get back to my mate. I promised her I would be there when she woke up, and I wasn’t going to break that promise. I quietly tiptoed into the room smiling when I saw her sleeping with her lips slightly turned upwards.

                Walking towards the bed, I wondered how I got so lucky. I didn’t deserve her, and yet I got her all to myself. I would never let her father touch her again. I would protect her now till forever.

                Just as I sat down next to the bed and set the tray on the bedside table, she stirred and slowly opened her eyes. We smiled at each other before our moment was interrupted by her stomach growling loudly.

                I chuckled as her cheeks burned red from embarrassment. She tried to look away from my but I I put my hand under her cheek and lifted her face so she was looking at me. “You never have to be embarrassed around me.” I said softly.