8|Happy Family

It's Friday around 12:30 and Jermaine and Janet are sitting in the living room looking for something to watch on TV. While Janet is flipping through the channels she sees a little girl who looks familiar on "Good Day Atlanta".

"Mommy?"

"We're in here baby..."

"Can we go..." She starts only to be distracted. "Hey, it's Sahsani! Can we see if she's gonna sing?! Please?" She begged.

"Sure, honey. What were you just going to ask though?"

"I wanted to know if we could still go to see "Despicable Me 2" tonight."

"Sure Bre," Jermaine says, always giving her what she wants.

Janet shakes her head at him. Did he really have to answer her so fast? "Do you want to invite one of your friends to come as well?"

"No, can it just be us three?"

"If that's what you'd like, I don't see why not..." Jermaine speaks up again.

"Okay, I'd like that." She smiles and turns back to the TV as Sahsani begins preform

"I think to remember where I know that little girl from," Janet tells Jermaine.

"Where?"

"I'll tell you later," Janet says, sparking Breaunna's interest in something she was apparently not supposed to hear.

As the performance is wrapping up Janet spots yet another familiar face. When the girl and her dancers are done with their performance they had a short interview where all five were introduced and Janet was 100% sure she was right.

"I'm going to play in my room..."

"Have fun."

Janet waits until she thinks Breaunna is out of earshot. "I know you saw him..."

"Who?!"

"Rene, that's who! The girl I was talking about, the one that looked familiar, she's his daughter. She looks just like his niece Justice did at that age! That's how I recognized her."

Jermaine slightly confused. "You mean the little one? Ayala? What's wrong with him being there to support her?"

"I'm not saying there's something wrong with supporting her, or being proud of her but..." she looks away. "Never mind"

"But what baby girl?" Turning her head to look at him.

"But he has another amazing little girl who's never even met him and would probably jump at the chance just to meet him. She never says anything but I know she'd love to meet him... Did you know she kisses his picture goodnight every single night? She's scared to death of people leaving her because he decided to be an ass and just leave. It's really not fair to her... Maybe I'm just too emotionally attached to the situation..." She sighs.

"I don't think that's the case... It really isn't fair to Breaunna that he's not around because a little girl needs her dad. It's also not fair to both the girls that they're missing out on having a sister since I've heard it's so much fun..."

"It can be fun depending on the sister..."

"I guess but if he wants to continue to miss out on getting got know her that's on him. Now, we have dinner and a movie to get ready for. I'll call somewhere and make reservations after I check on show times." Jermaine stood up.

Little did Janet and Jermaine know, Breaunna sat on the side of their staircase that was closest to their living room and listened to their entire conversation. She didn't think it was fair that she didn't get to play with her real dad the way she played with Jermaine either. Thinking about it a little while longer she was really glad she had Jermaine. He loved her no matter what happened or what she did, Jermaine was the dad she never would've had. He was everything a daddy should be...