13|Q & A

This was it! After weeks of thought and preparation, the big day was here. Everybody was busy getting ready for the party. It was around 1:30. Jermaine, Janet, and Breaunna had already eaten lunch and they were at home about to start getting ready.

"Mommy, can I have some ice cream please?" 

"Sure baby but just a little bit cause I don't want you too wired later on." They both walk into the kitchen.

"Okay," Breaunna says resting her chin on her folded arms on the counter.

"What flavor would you like?"

"Chocolate," she answers, already knowing whats in the freezer. Janet goes to the freezer and gets the ice cream out and gets a little bowl for Breaunna's ice cream.

"Thank you, mommy!" Breaunna smiles brightly as Janet hands her the bowl.

"You're welcome, baby."

**

Jermaine is dressed in a classic fit tuxedo and some Dolce and Gabbana High-Shine Leather Brouges. Janet wore a pink peplum skirt strapless dress, a gold glitter Coast Batida Clutch, and her Christian Louboutin Lady Peep Strass shoes. She wore her hair in a low bun to the side of her hair with a silver Mimco Novella Knot Barrette. Breaunna had on a purple dress with specs of glitter on the bottom, her Nina Nina Nataly Ballet Flats and Paloma's Dove Earrings from Tiffany's. She wore her hair out with a black headband with jewels on it, that match her shoes. 

Janet walking toward the door, "I'm ready to go whenever you two are." 

"Breaunna come on." 

"But I don't have my shoes yet..." she complains.

"I know you don't you can put them on when we're almost there cause it's going to be a while. Just keep the ones you've got on now until then." Janet says holding Breaunna's shoes up for her to see. "I've got them right here." 

"Okay." 

"Exactly how long is the drive?" Jermaine asks.

" At least 45 minutes; without traffic."

"Well let's hit the road." 

They all step outside the house, wait for Jermaine to lock the front door and head toward their destination. By the time they get to the venue Breaunna had dozed off. Janet had already put her shoes on her so she woke her up.

"Have some candy baby." 

"You sure that's a good idea, Janet?"

"It's just to wake her up a little so she's not cranky." 

"Who's house is this?" Breaunna asks finally awake and looking out the window. 

"I'm not sure honey but this is where grandma is having the dinner party." 

They pull up to the front of the house and get out of the car. As they get inside they see a lot of family and friends, some of whom they see all the time and others whom they seldom see. They walk around and chat for a while and one of the other kids spots Breaunna.

"Miss Janet? Can Breaunna come play with us?" A little girl named Emily asks.

Breaunna asks with begging eyes, "Please?"

"Go ahead, but don't you girls wander off."

"We won't." They say already running off into the crowd.

After chatting for a while more, all the guests had arrived everyone was seated for dinner. Everybody seemed to be having a wonderful time and enjoying themselves. While dinner was being served light music was placed and discussions from before were continued. A few of the guests started dancing and a trend had begun. As Janet sat at the table and watched Breaunna and Jermaine dance Breaunna looked just as a happy as all the other girls who danced with their fathers, uncles, grandfathers or older cousins. Soon enough she noticed Breaunna's smile faded and she looked like she was concentrating on something Jermaine was saying. All of a sudden her face lit up like a Christmas tree, she shook her head and they disappeared into the house. Later, as Janet was talking to her sister, Rebbie they were interrupted.

"Mommy! Guess what?"

"What baby?"

"I wanna show you the fountain its really pretty and there's lights and everything!"

"I can look at it later baby..." Janet says slightly brushing her off.

"It's okay Janet go look at the fountain with her I'll talk to you later on," Rebbie says turning to talk to somebody else.

"Yay lets go," Breaunna cheers pulling Janet's hand.

Breaunna leads Janet out to the fountain and she walks with her a little bit past the fountain down a path and disappears. When Janet realizes she's gone she turns around and heads toward the house she sees Jermaine standing in the door.

"You sent her to get me didn't you?" She says as the realization hits her like a ton of bricks.

Nodding her answers, "I didn't think she'd just abandon you though..." He walks up to her and holds her hand. "Walk with me?"

"Sure." They walked along the stone path and reminisced about their first date, the first kiss, pretty much their first everything. 

"When I met you, I met my destiny. You are my one true love and you always will be. I've loved you and Breaunna with every fiber of my being. You girls have been a very big part of my life for the past six years and I can't imagine life without you. Both of you make me the happiest man on earth. What I'm trying to say is..." kneeling down on one knee and holding out the ring. "Janet Damita Jo Jackson will you marry me?"

"I'm...I" She stumbles over her words.