A Promise (Kurapika x reader)

After strolling around the busy market, you managed to find your way to an old but beautiful church. Seeing how such an ancient church could still stand for more than three centuries as told by your grandmother still surprised you.

"So what brings us here?" Kurapika gave you a questioning look, his hand still entwined with yours.

"Glad you asked! This..this place is where I used to play when I was young! The church took my in after my parents died and I played with the orphans living here too!"

Kurapika was stunned, he never knew you were an orphan.

Not to mention, you lost your parents when you were very young.

He also found it quite hard to understand that you could still be smiling despite telling him about your past.

He felt selfish and ignorant all of a sudden.

He too lost his clan, but he wasn't like you.

He couldn't control his temper, he allowed himself to drown in anger and sorrow and in people's eyes, he was a monster.

Until you came.

You never once looked down on him or scared. You've seen his eyes turned scarlet red for once. You didn't tremble at the sight of that.

Your reaction was different from others.

Your eyes widened with wonder and you told him his eyes were beautiful, and you wished to have eyes like him.

It made him confused.

Yes, he agreed with you that red was one of the most beautiful colors in the world but why would you envy him?

These eyes belong to a monster. They only turn red due to the great emotions a Kurta feel. It wasn't something to be envied or desired for.

But you brushed him off, saying those eyes are unique and it was one of the things you loved about him. His eyes widened at your statement and he felt embarrassed all of a sudden.

Now his eyes are attractive too?

"I wanted to show you this place because it is something really important to me and...I thought I would also like to show it to you too..." Your voice trailed off as you said the last part shyly, smiling sheepishly at Kurapika.

"Thank you." His words made your heart flutter and the way he looks at took your breathe away. You still envied your boyfriend for being so perfect all the time, not to mention beautiful.

"Look! It's (Y/n)-onee chan!"

"Ohh (Y/n)!!"

"You came back!"

A swarm of kids startled the both of you and the kids were tugging your sleeve as they crowd around you.

"Hey! I missed you guys~ you see you haven't grown a bit huh?" You teased them, ruffling their hair as they looked up at you with sparking eyes and beaming smiles.

"You still look like a princess! You're so pretty!" A young orphan girl exclaimed, smiling at you. You blushed at her comment, brushing off her compliment.

"Oh, sorry Pika-chan! These are the children I played with when I was living in the church! And this is my boyfriend! Pika-chan!" You grinned proudly at the children who looked at Kurapika in awe who started swarming around him throwing him countless of (weird) questions.

"Ohh! Its (y/n)'s boyfriend!!"

"He's so preety!"

"He looks just like a prince!"