First Encounters Pt 3 (Kite x young!reader)

You and Kite started your journey to the hunter exam accompanied by Ging.

He said that he was only coming as he was sure that we will be lost as this was our first time traveling from the outskirts of the town.

 Though, he would be in disguise as a participant during the hunter exam since he is already a hunter himself.

When you arrived at the grounds, you turned to look at the people who you assumed will be participating.

"A good hunter always learn to observe first." Ging proudly said as he looks at the two of you.

 Though, for your case, it was, a little different.

"Ohh~why you lookit that!" You cooed, drooling a little.

"Damn, that guy got abs~ omg no..this one even better just look at his biceps~whoop whoop! Ohh!! Look at the six pack! Damn that guy got stuff you know!"

 You went to do your 'exploring and observing', leaving a facepalmed Ging and a I-could-not-care-less-of-your-weird-desires Kite who simply kept on eye on you.

 Who knows what weird stuff you might do next.

 "Hey~ do you guys want to join me?" You looked back at them, snapping out a little from your fantasies.

"No" they both said in unison.

 "Eh...how about you?" You pouted before randomly asking a complete stranger next to you, who gave you a weird look.

"Errr....what? No..."

"Ehh... Boring answers from boring men~!" You slump your shoulders in disappointment before locking your hands behind your head walking away.

"You don't know what you're missing out! Bleh!"

When you tried to take another step, you felt Kite pulled you towards him, causing you stumble back in suprise.

 "Hm what's wrong Kite?" You tilt your head in response.

"Oh! Don't tell me..you're interested too??" You grinned before earning a flick on the forehead.

"Itaii!!!"

"Don't be ridiculous (Y/n)."

 "...stick close to me. Who knows what might happen to you." He continued, as he wraps his arm around your shoulder pulling you closer to him.

A tint of red spread across your cheeks from his proximity.

 'You have hugged him many times and made extremely close contact with him but why are you blushing (y/n)??' You mentally screamed.

"Y-yeah...whatever man...it's not like I would run away or nothing..." You looked away, pouting like a little child.

 "Yeah right.." Kite curtly rolled his eyes at you.

Weren't you running off a few moments ago?

 He too noted your quietness all of a sudden which confused him.

 Is she scared now?

He just didn't like the way those guys were staring at you. Guys like those would only mean harm. And this made Kite feel the need to protect you.

And you too did mention that he would the one to be there for you.

 So isn't he making it happen right now?

Extended ending:

Kite and you passed the hunter exams easily.

At the start of the exam, Ging secretly left you guys alone.

You managed to find him, later running up to him holding onto your license smiling up at him like a child who has gotten a candy from a nice lady.

"Look! Look! I've got my license!" You shoved the shiny card in his face, beaming with happiness.

"Okay! I can see that!" Ging tried to push your hands away from his face while Kite stood there watching in amusement?

 "Well, congrats guys! Yosh,Shall we go celebrate?" Ging continued, smiling.

"Yeah!!" The three of you spent the night in the forest and talked about the exams under the night sky filled with millions of shining stars, and talked until the emblems of the flame died down.

By the time they know it, it was already dawn.

 The sun begins to rise, and the morning light shine through the trees allowing some light to fall onto the canopy.

You stirred slightly in your sleep by the sunlight falling on your face. You groaned a little before giving out a yawn. You slowly got up into a sitting position, rubbing your eyes slowly.

You heard a rustle beside you, and you turned your head to find Kite Wide awake.

 "Hmm...Ohayo Kite..." You weren't fully awake so your words came out slurred and soft.

 Kite did not respond to you which made you wonder if he couldn't hear you.

Well, he did hear you but he couldn't reply back.

"Oi. Kite, is there something wrong?" You called to him once more.

No reply.

 You sighed before scooting closer to him, smacking him hard on his back.

 "Itee!" He hissed in pain, glaring at you in response.

"What? It's your fault for ignoring me." You shrugged your shoulders.

 Kite immediately fell silent.

 The silence became tense and your concern for Kite grew even more.

"What's wrong?" You asked him softly, resting your hand gently into Kites's shoulder.

Kite gave you an unsure look, biting the insides of his cheeks.

You gave him a pleading look, tugging onto his sleeve, as if begging him to tell you.

He knew you would not stop doing this until he were to tell you.

He gave out a frustrated sigh before shoving a note in your face.

You snatched it out from his hand before looking at it.

***

"What????"

Your eyes widened, your mouth wide open.

"Close your mouth. You'll catch flies." Kite bluntly said, unfazed by your reaction.

 "That...that...g-guy! How could he?? Just leave us just like that?!"

(If you watched Hxh I am sure you know what are the words Ging said to Kite and Gon right?)

 'Catch me.' -Ging :P 

yes, Ging can be such a dic- //gets slapped  but I still love him~ Do let me know what characters you want! ^^ I will try and do it!