Chapter 26

Oliver's POV

Kira was a nervous wreck. I kept sending her comforting glances, but it wasn't doing much. When Jansen walked in, I knew it was time. He called me out of class to 'talk' and I was sure he knew Harvey would listen in. I didn't know if it would be tricky or not to get him to show me to the Florane, but it was worth a shot.

"What's going on?" I asked as if I didn't already know.

"Nothing to be too worried about. It's just there's some suspicious activity near the border, but whatever it was disappeared. I came to talk to you because whoever, or whatever it was, wasn't human, vampire, or werewolf. I figured you'd have some other options." His face was giving away more than his words. Fight was obviously more worried than they wanted to let on, even to other Fight members.

"Can we go talk outside?" I asked, glancing down the hallway, seeing a few people going through the hallway.

"Yeah, sure." He led me outside and we sat on the front steps of the school in silence for just a moment.

"So tell me about the infultrator."

"We didn't really get a look, but it's a guy and we have no idea what he is. He's got power, but nothing like we've seen. My dad is talking to Garen and Klemins as we speak. He thinks they'll know more, but he thought I should ask you as well.

"My best guess is a sorcerer. My master dealt with one before. They have power, but it's certainly different; they're also not necessarily good guys either. They just work for themselves and act selfishly." I told him, concentrating.

"Why would one come here?"

"He's probably being paid if I was guessing. They always go for personal gain. What would someone pay him to do over here? And who?" I was throwing out rhetorical questions, but a plan had easily formulated in my head.

"Do you guys have a Florane storage here?" I asked, widening my eyes for affect.

"My master said something about your Florane use with weapons was a big problem." I added, hoping he'd jump onto my conclusion. His surprise and worry told me he did.

"We do; you don't think they'd really go after it, do you?" I nodded vigorously, standing up quickly.

"Take me there now. We need to hurry!"

"Okay, let me call my dad first!" He responded, standing up as well.

"No time for that, lets go!" The last thing I needed was him bringing anyone else to the storage area. It was so effortless to manipulate him I almost felt bad. He started running in a direction and I followed, trying not to smile. It was a ten minute rushed run, and he was out of breath when we arrived. Naturally I acted the same.

I feigned worry and looked around.

"I have a bad feeling Jansen."

"What do you mean?" He asked slowly.

"Clear the building. Now." I commanded, opening the door and walking into the small, two story building. He had a look of confusion, so I continued. "Trust me. We don't want anyone around."

"But we need to protect the supply."

"Jansen, it's too late. Just get everyone out right now."

He did as I told him, telling the people to announce over the intercom that everyone was to evactuate immediately. There were only twelve in the building, and with my vampire senses, I knew there were no more.

"Come on." I told him, voice hushed when we were the last ones left. I'd grabbed matches before leaving, so I was prepared.

"Where's the room?" I questioned, looking at him expectantly.