Chapter 1

So I hope that everyone reading this has already read my first book to this series, 'Blood'. I hope everyone enjoys this story even more than the last :)

So, here we begin our new journey!

~Ash

Kira's POV

It was dark, and I felt alone, when sudden warmth heated up the left side of my face. Tingles shot through me, but they felt wonderful and made my heart skip a beat. I fought the darkness and managed to open my eyes and let the light in.

My focus landed on two bright blue eyes, staring at me with incredible shock, yet immense happiness. I recognized those eyes, but something felt so different now as I looked into them.

"Oliver?" I questioned.

Oh how I loved his name.

I watched him visible shiver as I spoke and I liked the effect I had on him.

"Kira." He said in a low voice with a smile. His voice made my insides twist. Screw butterflies, I had a zoo in my stomach. He reached out and brushed the side of my face, making the amazing electric buzz run through me again.

I couldn't tell if I was just focusing on him intensely or if the world was darkening, but after a moment I realized what was happening.

The world spun around before I was thrown into a black abyss. I heard Oliver's voice, but had no idea what he said. I must've been passed out awhile, because when I opened my eyes, nobody was in the dimly lit room. Or so I thought...

The appearance of silver eyes directly in front of me came out of nowhere. My first reaction would normally have been to scream, but I held back. I couldn't make out much of the the male in front of me other than the fact that his eyes were pure silver and his hair was navy blue...

"How are you feeling lovely?" He asked in a soothing voice with a strange accent. I ignored him and concentrated. He obviously wasn't human, and I realized he was sending off the same vibe that Simon gave off.

"What are you?" I questioned in a whisper, not because I was afraid, but because my voice was too weak. For a moment he seemed surprised, but he only smiled.

"In due time young one. But I need you to just hang in there. Please stay alive." He said, his voice becoming distant as my eyes shut on their own once again.

When I finally came back around it felt as if I'd been out for a few hours and the lights were turned off, so it took me a moment to realize I was no longer unconscious.

Slowly I climbed out of the bed and made my way to the door. I felt weak, sick, and cold. I was pretty sure I was running a fever, but I needed to see Oliver so I left the room despite my physical state. I scrambled around until I finally found the door, and as quickly as possible, made my way down the stairs.

He was the only thing running through my mind as I hurried around the corner, and straight into someone...

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said in a voice that didn't sound like me, as it was raspy.

"Oh darling, you're fine." A woman said. For a moment I took her in, surprised by the strange sense of familiarity that she held.

"Do you happen to know where Oliver is?" I questioned, although I was still baffled by her.

"I don't think it would be good to see him right now. I only just arrived, so I'm very far outside the loop as to what is upsetting him, but he is having quite a fit." She said with a look of concern for me.