Chapter 13

After my shower I found myself laying on one of the beds in the room. I was still alone, but that didn't matter very much. I needed time to calm down about what Vladen had done. Not only had he kissed me against my will, but he'd also put a spell on me!

After everything, I was about ready to kill him; I was pretty sure I had good reasoning as well. I just needed to figure out how to kill a 2000 year old pure blood elf....

I sighed and sat up. There was no use wasting my energy on him. The main focus was getting Oliver back and then figuring out how to disarm the humans. I wasn't sure it was going to be as easy as Oliver had made it out to be. 

 I decided that I could wait to worry about it when Oliver was around. I looked over at the small stand in between the two beds that had a lamp and clock on it. With closer inspection I discovered that the clock had a radio on it, so without second thought I turned it on. It immediately blasted music at an ear-splitting volume

"Ahh!" I yelped at the sudden sound and searched the clock for a way to quiet the device, but there wasn't one. There was no volume knob or buttons to turn the music down, and after thirty seconds of trying to figure it out, and only succeeding in changing the station, I turned it off again. 

"Thank you!" Someone shouted from behind the wall angrily. I jumped at their voice, startled that someone had said something to me.

"Um, sorry." I said back in a slightly raised voice. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to respond or not, but they didn't say anything more for a few seconds. I heard a mumbled, 'moron', with my advanced hearing, and even considered saying something back, but thought better of it.

Were all humans this rude? 

"Sometimes, but I think that applies to anyone." Felix said, startling me for the millionth time. 

"Hey, could you quite doing that? Seriously." I said aloud, frowning at him. He chuckled and shook his head.

"No, it's too fun. Where's Oliver?"

"What, you don't follow him around everywhere?" I said, rolling my eyes. "He went with Jansen." 

"Oh, and I have others that I keep an eye on. I just stay near you so that I can actually talk to someone." He spoke with a longing look that made me sad.

"I wish there was some way you could talk to everyone yourself." 

"I've accepted this long ago, so there's no need to be sentimental. I think we should start working on getting you and Oliver back together." Felix said, mood instantly switching to one of mischief. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed.

"Oliver got his personality from you." 

"I know, and that's why we always got along so well. Although he got his temper and need for control from his father. His father got that all by himself somehow." We both laughed a little at that, but even more when Felix pretended to wipe tears from his eyes at the memories.

"So have you ever watched T.V.?"

"Well, no I don't think so."

"Turn it on, lets see if anything good is showing."

I did as I was told and Felix ended up telling me to watch a movie called The Little Mermaid. We watched several minutes of commercials before the actual movie started playing. I was fascinated with the 'animation' and found that I really liked T.V. a lot. Felix stayed and watched it with me, occasionally commenting, but what really got me was that he sang along with the songs. When the movie ended, I just turned the T.V. off and looked outside.

"Oliver isn't back yet."

"I'm sure he'll be fine. If anything had gone wrong you would've been surrounded by a hundred humans with weapons." Felix said casually.