Chapter 6

Kira's POV

 Here I was, sitting in the den with Oliver, Noah, Alexis, and Vladen. Oliver had mumbled that because Alexis was Noah's mate, she would find out soon anyway, and allowed her to join us.

"So what's the deal with the rouges?" Oliver asked impatiently. 

"I'm sure you already know that elven blood is addictive to vampires, and that it can help make your kind stronger. Well a Pure has the similar effect, but it's about eight times stronger. If the rouges had their hands on either Kira or myself, they could build an army using our blood." Vladen said with a serious look. Oliver only rolled his eyes.

"I could've guessed that and you made it seem complicated." He said while rolling his eyes.

"I wasn't finished. I believe the rouges are planning on over-throwing all of the vampires and werewolves. And I don't just mean the rouges vampires. The rouges of both species are working together to accomplish this. They're even teaming up with the humans to get what they want. With Kira's blood, their plan could be easily accomplished." He said, looking flustered at Oliver's nonchalant demeanor.

"Do you even realize how precious Kira is to this world?" He asked, starting to get angry when nobody said anything. I couldn't help the heat the filled my face at his words.

"Excuse me!? She's my mate! She is my world. She is the most important and wonderful thing my eyes have ever beheld. I think I know exactly how precious she is." Oliver said while pulling my into his arms. He was holding me from behind, and rested his head on top of my own. My blush seemed to grow darker and a smile slipped onto my face.

"I love you." I said, reaching my arms backward and around his, successfully hugging him back.

"I love you more." He said quietly into my ear before pecking my cheek. I giggled and saw Vladen roll his eyes as Noah gave Alexis a kiss.

"You are all far too calm about this situation for my liking." He grumbled, earning a laugh from both me and Alexis. In a flash, Simon was in the room, breathing heavily and looking scared. It was an unusual look for him, so I knew it must be serious.

"What's wrong?" Vladen asked, beating me to the question.

"It's chaos at the Mollettinei Square. They're demanding to meet Kira because they believe we're making her up entirely. You'd better come quickly." He said, not looking at the rest of us. 

"Very well." Vladen replied before looking at us.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." He said, only looking at me for some reason. He smiled and I found myself smiling back. When he vanished, I snapped out of my momentary daze to see Oliver scowling at me." 

"What was that?" He asked jealously.

"I'm not sure. I just smiled back at him. What's your problem?" I asked, trying to seem at least slightly annoyed, but easily failed. Before he could answer, I felt a strange feeling wash over me and I realized somebody was coming toward the mansion.

"Do you know who is coming this way?" I asked. Oliver gave me a confused look, then focused his attention to listening. He sniffed the air before standing up. 

"It's a wolf with two vampires. Who could be that stupid?" He said, calmly walking out of the den and making his way to the front living room. We all followed his lead. I could feel the people coming closer, but I had no way to recognize them. I did, however, get a feeling of odd comfort and excitement which only confused me more. Children and humans had been sent upstairs with the Beta's daughter, Abra, while the adults had begun to crowd the room, obviously knowing strangers were coming.