Chapter 28

"Kira, what the hell is wrong with me?" Jake repeated when I didn't answer right away.

"He was going to kill you." I replied, not sure how to break the news to him.

"Yeah, I think I remember that, but I feel really weird. How am I still alive?" A look of confusion crossed his face as he recalled his neck being snapped. Slowly he looked toward Jonah, Cedric, and Grahm.

"And where are we?"

"Listen kid, she teleported you and her both here somehow and I turned you into a vampire to keep you from dying. Your welcome." Cedric told him quickly and insensitively, shooting him an annoyed look. For a moment Jake looked at him with his jaw dropped before his eyes began to widen.

"You turned me into a vampire?" The sound that came from his mouth was more like a horrified shriek as he jumped up. His eyes had remained black, but as his emotions ran wild his fangs elongated. His hands shakily reached up to touch them as he mumbled 'Oh my God' to himself repeatedly.

"Calm down, it isn't that bad." Cedric spat, rolling his eyes.

"I spent half a year trying to keep a vampire in line; I know what it's like to be turned. Axel could barely contain himself even with Florane in his system!"

"Yeah, but that was Axel. He could barely contain himself when he was human." I countered. "I was turned and I adjusted really easily."

"Harvey had a lot of trouble too. You're some hybrid freak, so of course you adjusted easily!" Jake started pacing, and I could see that his insult toward me had pissed Cedric off.

"And where are we? Who are these people?" He gestured angrily before stomping toward me, growling.

"Flintre. And that's Cedric, Grahm, and Jonah." I answered in an even tone. I'd forgotten he knew about Grahm and Cedric.

"Cedric? Grahm? Like you and Axel's old masters?" His tone dropped as he looked back at them. Before I could even respond he pulled me behind him, creating a barrier between me and them, growling louder.

"Why are we here? Did they force you?"

"No. Jake, when I warped I just came here unconsciously. Don't worry, they won't hurt us."

"Axel told me the things that Cedric did to you and I don't think he was just making stuff up." At Jake's words, both Cedric and Grahm stiffened, and a look of pain crossed Cedric's face.

"It was the past." Cedric shot, looking angrily at Jake again. "I won't hurt Kira, but I don't know or care about you." He added threateningly.

"Cedric." I snapped, making him twitch and look away at my scolding.

"The past? So that excuses your actions?" Jake asked sarcastically.

"No, but Kira's already forgiven me." Jake looked back at me, bewilderment on his face.

"You forgave the bastard?" I shrugged at his words and stepped away from him.

"Listen Jake, there are a lot of things you don't know. There's even a lot I don't know, but right now we have way more important problems. I know you're not happy about being a vampire, but I couldn't just let you die. I'll help you, and so will Oliver." At that, he growled again.

"I'd much rather kill him then let him help me with anything. If I ever see him again I'll rip his head off."

When Cedric and Grahm started laughing, he glared at them, but they continued to break down for at least a good fifteen seconds. Even Jonah laughed.

"Do you honestly think you could even scratch Oliver?" Grahm managed to get out while Cedric laughed even harder.

"What?" Jake asked, obviously confused and irritated.