Chapter 2

Oliver's POV

****A week and a half earlier...****

Kira was my mate!

This was the thought that ran through my mind, even as she closed her eyes.

"Kira? No, Kira just keep your eyes open. I love you, so don't do this to me." I begged even though it was obvious that she was no longer conscious. I felt my sanity being ripped from me at a faster pace than thread by thread. 

I forced myself to take slow breaths and with no other ideas to help myself remain calm, I climbed into the bed with her and stroked hair while allowing myself to become overcome by her scent. I must've laid there for several hours before finally drifting off into an agitated sleep.

When I awoke, the realization that Kira had not hit me hard. I untangled myself from the sheets and went back to my place in the chair. I no longer felt the extreme panic I had before; instead, I felt rage at the world and everything in it aside from Kira.

Others had it easy. But no, MY MATE was stuck in some sort of coma and nobody knew how to help her. It killed me even more as I thought about how I could do nothing either. I'd already looked through every book we had on the 'Pure' ones, but I got the same answer every time.Dionysia had gone to Ambrosia's for the time being, and they would both come back here in about a week to try and collaborate with the wolves' pack doctor.

I swam through my thoughts before I decided that fresh air would help me. As I left the room, each step I took only made my emotional instability rise. The further I walked, the more Kira's scent faded and the more the scent of wolves grew.

I growled internally, but continued down the steps to the living room. There was a mix of vampires and werewolves mingling and just laying about as if my entire world wasn't flipped upside-down. Children were running around, playing, and laughing. Even the teenage wolves were getting along. This should have made me happy, or at least content, but the frown on my face only deepened slightly.

"Oliver! There you are! It's almost two in the afternoon. Where have you been all day?" Noah asked from the couch. 

"Oh you know, I just took a run to Sanctum and back. I definitely wasn't sleeping in my bedroom." I said in an annoyed tone. Noah raised an eyebrow and stood up.

"What's your problem? Sleeping in normally makes people nicer, not grumpy." He said with a frown of his own.  

"Noah, just shut the hell up." I said. I caught a glimpse of hurt flash though his eyes, and somewhere deep inside of me I felt bad, but not bad enough to apologize. As I turned away from him and started to make my way toward the kitchen, I heard Noah growl, and I turned to look at him again.

"I don't know what has you in such a bad mood, but you need to cut it out. I'm still your best friend and I don't think you should act like that." He snapped. His words only added fuel to my internal fire. In an instant I had him against a wall with my hand around his throat. My eyes had turned black and my fangs extended.

"You want to know why I'm pissed? Kira is my mate, and there is NOTHING I can do to help her. And it only makes things worse when the world keeps turning even when I'm in distress!" I said. Already let go and gained control again. Noah surprised me by not being angry at all. Rather, he gave me a sympathetic look.

"I know that you are having a lot of trouble right now, I would too if it were Alexis. But right now you need to think about Kira-"

"Do you think I've stopped?" I said in a raised voice.

"Oliver, listen to me. Think about what she would say if she saw you right now." He said calmly.

"She would probably be mad and scowl at me while telling me to stop acting like a maniac because she would be just fine." I said with a sigh, trying my hardest to calm down. It was working so far.