Chapter 15

Bang!

My eyes opened slightly, but I couldn't quite hold them there.

Bang!

This time I startled awake. "What?" I said, voice sleepy.

Bang!

"Oliver? Kira? You guys in there?" A voice shouted. I sat up abruptly, confusion clouding my head. I looked to my side and saw Oliver laying on a bed, completely out of it. I smiled to myself as my memories returned. I looked at the clock and realized it was 10 past noon which meant that Jansen had come to get us for training, or whatever it was.

I climbed out of bed, unable to process how we'd slept so long, and went to open the door. As I pulled it open I came face to face with Jansen, who was about to knock again. Awkwardly he dropped his arm and cleared his throat. 

"Did I wake you up?" 

I nodded my head and bit my lip.

"I'll wake Oliver up and we'll be out in just a few minutes." Before he could reply I closed the door in his face and hurried back to the sleeping Oliver. I let out a sigh and roughly shook him. 

"Hmm?"

"Wake up." 

"Mmm, no." 

"Oliver, you need to wake up. Jansen is here." 

"Who?" 

"Jansen- oh my gosh you're unbelievable." I hissed as he swatted my arm away. I yanked the pillow out from under his head and hit him with it.

"Hey!" He said in a raised voice, sitting up sharply. His eyes were black for a brief second out of anger, but they cooled immediately. 

"Jansen. Is. Here. Get dressed." I said in a whisper voice.

"You don't have to be so rude." He whispered back, glaring at me. After a moment of holding his glare, I started to giggle.

"You're funny when you think you're being intimidating." 

This only made him more annoyed. I got dressed in the bathroom, while he changed in the bedroom. I brushed through my hair, which was tangled unbelievably, and put it in a ponytail before rinsing my face off. When I walked out Oliver brushed past me and slammed the bathroom door in my face without a word. I in annoyance and let Jansen inside.

"You know we can do this later if you'd like." 

"It's okay, we shouldn't be sleeping away the day anyway." I muttered while shooting a glare at the bathroom door, wishing Oliver could feel it. Then I remembered I was supposed to be shy and scared. That load of crap needed to change soon.

"Hopefully he won't be too long." I said, smiling gently at Jansen. That was when the door opened. Oliver glared at me, so I dropped my fake happy look and turned to Jansen, who was looking nervous.

We all left the room and while I was walking behind them Jansen leaned in and started whispering to Oliver. 

Wow, whatever could you be talking about? 

I concentrated on listening.

"Dude, if you ever want Kira to like you, you need to relax. You're so stiff with her, and you seem angry all the time."

"I don't need your advice, but thanks anyway." Oliver said back, not bothering to look at him. Jansen sighed in defeat.

"How far away is the training fields?" I asked, wanting to at least talk.

"Oh, uh, only about 10 minutes on foot." Jansen said, looking back at me with slight surprise, as if he thought me incapable of asking a question.

As we walked through the city, I began to notice that not everyone was so friendly with the Fight. Some were waving at Jansen and saying hello, but there were many others who only glared as we passed. Some were even scoffing in disgust. I wondered why that would be, but it was something that could be figured out later.