October 1st

It was an average day. Nothing too exciting every happened on Thursdays, it was the day everyone tried to push through to get to Friday. Fridays were better than Saturdays, you had two days of relaxation instead of one.

Pete got up as he saw the mailman walk down his crooked and tilted sidewalk. The landscapers screwed up big time. The mailman walked to the next house, as Pete walked to his door. He opened it and grabbed the mail that was addressed to him.

Bills, bills, advertising, and a letter.

And a letter.

Pete smiled ripping open the top of the letter and realizing there was no return address.

dear pete

pete.. (that's sorta better)

you know me, well i think you do. we met once, i hope this is you, i really do. we had a lot in common. i liked holding hands. you liked holding hands with me. or maybe you just liked me, although i highly doubt that one. you told me i was pretty, and my eyes held sunsets. maybe you didn't mean any of that stuff at the time, but i think about it. do you remember me? maybe not. talk to you tomorrow

pete be wise, remember "people are leaves, they can't stay forever"- s.y.k.

"People are leaves? What the hell does that mean?" Pete asked the boy sitting across the room.

He was dealing with all the bills they had got.

"What do you have there?" The boy asked.

"Nothing. Just some stupid thing asking me to participate in a survey. Nothing important."

Pete walked to his room, still clutching the letter tightly. He had no idea who the person is. He grabbed a small container from his closet and threw the letter in it, hiding it away under his bed.

"I might need you sometime later. S..." He fumbled trying to remember the initials of the person. "S.. Y... K..."

After his roommate went to bed, Pete pulled the letter out again. It wasn't like he was afraid of his friend Brendon reading the letter, he was more worried of what he would do with it. You see, Brendon was more of the fuck them and never quit fucking them, whereas Pete had some one night stands.

Brendon knew them all, he reminded Pete of them often. But none of them, to Pete's knowledge had a name that started with an "S".

The handwriting was almost as intriguing as the words he has written. The words they wrote ran together and nothing was capitalized, not even his own name. Nothing was important, all letters were treated the same in the person's writing. It was cool, and made Pete only more interested in the letters.

Don't forget to vote