October 2nd

Pete got up immediately when he saw the mailman. He awaited another letter. Another letter from a person named S.Y.K..

"Dude. You got a letter, here." Brendon tossed a letter into Pete's lap and scoffed, looking through the other mail, seeing if he got his own letter.

Brendon was only a bit jealous.

Pete tore the letter open, in the same way as yesterday. Once again he found no return address.

pete...(i have decided to stick with this)

so i realize my letter from yesterday was a little messy and all my thoughts were jumbled. i just can't believe i found you. maybe i should give you a little more info (so to speak) this time. we've met once, i know that for a fact. you're the kind of boy no one can forget, and me, i hide in the background. i don't doubt it if you have forgotten about me by now.

i'm the person everyone forgets about, nothing too special. so you aren't missing much. but i am. i'm missing you. its sad. we only spent one night together but it was without any doubt in my mind the best night of my life. isn't that sad. i don't obsess over you, i promise (sounds promising), but i will admit i was excited when i found someone who was linked to you. you probably don't remember them either. i'm sure they won't mind.

i don't know what it is about things like this. writing always seemed easier. getting to know people on a less face-to-face level. i feel that this is more personal. meeting face-to-face gets awkward and you never really say what you mean. or at least i don't. so i am content with writing you letters. and i promise pete i will write you letters. full of memories.

full of life. maybe in the end you will know who i am, but for now i'm okay with you not knowing who i am.

i like being hidden.

so can i tell you a secret? (you actually get no say in this but if you said no please skip over the next paragraph)

i was a pretty lonely person and writing was my only escape, and cheesy as that is; it's true. but now i can tell you things about me, things that can only be expressed through writing. i like to disappear, make people think i'm worth more of a search than i actually am. it's fun. watching my family try to find me. i like to sit back and watch. i like the attention i get when i come back. i like the electric that soars through my body when i'm alone.

i'm addicted.

anyways i will tell you something else. (unless you don't want to read this either than at this point put the letter down and don't read any further. my story's not something you can just put down after you start it)

Pete read onto the letter even though something told him to stop. Advised him to stop, like his own little Brendon in his shoulder's. One as the devil and an angel. The devil Brendon was more tempting.

so i guess you've decided to continue, or maybe you didn't i don't know, and i never will. there is reassurance in that. thank you. i'm not sure how i can thank you for something that's not exactly your doing, but i guess thanks for baring with me if you stayed.

i supposed i should give you more of an idea of me. i'm what some people would call tall, but i'm not six feet tall-tall. i have dark hazel eyes, and they are often what my friend says "sad looking" like a hurt puppy. but i don't think i'm a sad looking puppy. i don't think so. i hope not. whatever.

does it even matter at this point? no. either way i have dark hazel eyes. i have what my brother calls awkward knees. my body is not too proportioned, like someone screwed me up.

i can't think of things to tell you about my physical appearance, so let me tell you when it all started.

i remember it was an overcast and it was cold.

it rained that day. i remember that.

"people are leaves, they can't stay forever."- s.y.k.

"Who is that from?" Brendon asked, seeing the handwriting.

"I don't really know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Well let's put it this way. Do you know anyone's who initials are S.Y.K?"

"I don't think so. Why?" Brendon looked confused, but Pete watched as the panic flooded his eyes.

"Well if you don't know them, and I don't know them. Who are they?"

"I don't know."

Don't forget to vote :)