1- Laurance

It all started twelve years ago, when I was getting bullied by some kids around my age for being an orphan. I was living in Meteli at the time I met Aphmau.

~Twelve years ago~ Ages 8 and 7

I was balancing on a piece of wood I had found, trying to not fall off. My feet slipped off the piece of wood and onto the patch of grass. I heard laughing and looked up. Three boys around my age were walking towards me.

"Hi," I smile and wave.

"Hi Orphan," a boy smirks.

"My name isn't Orphan," I angrily say.

"We know, but we might as well call you what you are," another boy laughs.

"So what if I'm a orphan, I'll get adopted soon," I clench my fists.

"Yeah right," a boy pushes me to the ground.

I try to get up but the boy keeps pushing me down. Getting dirt all over my clothes.

"Hey stop pushing him!" A girl's voice yells.

"Oh look it's the girl who can barely lift a sword," a boy laughs.

"So what if I can't lift a sword I can still defend him!" The girl yells.

"So what Aphmau this boy is an orphan," a different boy laughs and kicks me in the stomach.

"Stop!" The girl, Aphmau yells.

"What are you going to do about it?" A boy asks, laughing.

"This," Aphmau yells, I open my eyes a bit and see black hair push one of the boys.

"Aphmau what are you doing?" A deep voice asks.

"Oh Daddy hi, these boys were hurting him," Aphmau points at me.

"Run!" One of the boys yell.

"Hey boy are you okay?" The man, Aphmau's father asks.

"Yeah I'm fine," I stand up, stumbling as I step on my left foot.

"Hey what's your name?" Aphmau asks, a smile on her face.

"I'm Laurance," I smile.

"I'm Aphmau, hey where do you live?"

"Oh I don't really have a house, or a family," I admit.

"Really is that why those boys were calling you Orphan?" Aphmau asks.

"Yeah," I admit.

"Well I'm your friend," Aphmau smiles.

"Thank you,"

"For what?" Aphmau asks.

"For helping me,"

"Your welcome," Aphmau smiles brightly.

-Time skip 1 Year~ Ages 9 and 8

I finally got adopted. I rush over to Aphmau's place, my hair getting in my face. I knock on the brown wooden door. Her father answers.

"Hi Laurance, here to see Aph?" He asks.

"Yep," I smile.

"I'll get her," Aphmau's dad lets me in his house.

Aphmau bolts down the dark wooden stairs of her house and hugs me. Her black hair falling to her back.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hi," She looks up from my chest.

"I've got some good news,"

"Really?"

"Yep,"

"Tell me, tell me," Aphmau jumps up and down removing from our hug.

"I got adopted!" I scream.

"Oh my gosh Laurance! That's wonderful!" Aphmau screams and hugs me again, "By who?"

"The Lord of Meteli," I smile.

"Really that's great!" Aphmau exclaims.

"I should go get packed even though I practically have nothing, I'll come see you when I've settled in, bye," I wave and leave.

I joyfully walk to my new house, stopping at the top of the hill where me and Aphmau first met.

"Oh look who it is," one of the boys from that day comes out from the bushes followed by his three friends.

"It's the orphan from a year ago," another one laughs.

"I'm not a orphan anymore," I blurt out.

"Really then who adopted you?" The main boy asks.

"The Lord,"

"Yeah right you liar," one boy laughs.

"Laurance are you up here?" My new father asks as he comes up the hill.

"You weren't lying!" One of the boys yell and run back into the bush.

~Time Skip five months~

"Laurance," Aphmau cries.

"What is it?" I ask, grabbing her in a hug.

"I have to go, Daddy and I are moving to a new town," Aphmau continues to cry as I hug her tight in my arms.

"I'll wait for you here, I promise," I hug her tighter, her tears falling on my chest.

"You promise?"

"Of course,"

~now~

I stand right beside my father. My emerald sword and shield at my arms, ready to attack. It's been forever since an attack has happened. About four months, I wonder what has been happening.

I hear a scream and turn to my father, an arrow in his chest. Blood was on the arrow, his blood. I rush over to his side, blood staining his Lord uniform. I had dropped my sword and shield, tears started to form in my eyes, the one I called my father is now dead. I will kill the person who did this to him.

Ulrick runs into the house and drops his diamond sword and shield as he spots the Lord on the ground, dead.

"Laurance what happened?" Ulrick asks.

"I-I don't know," I cry.

Ulrick places his hand upon my shoulder, "hey don't cry, it's okay," Ulrick had always acted like a brother to me.

Ever since I started guard training Ukrick had always been there for me. We ever went back to Meteli together.

"Uh has anyone seen the Lord of this town?" A girl's sweet voice asks.

"I'll go see what she wants," I tell Ulrick wiping a tear from my eye.

I walk out of the house, closing the door softly as I step out. My fiery hair falling front of my face, I blow it out of my eyes. I turn around and search for the girl who asked the question.

I walk out into the open, hopefully the girl will find me or at least someone who heard will direct me in the right way.