15- Laurance

As I hug Aphmau I feel her tear drops fall onto me. I still can't believe how long she was out for, I mean I was only out for a few hours. But she, she was out for almost a week, why was she out for a week instead of a few hours like me?

"Laurance," Aphmau pauses.

"Yes,"

"Oh never mind," Aphmau wipes a tear from her eye, "I'll be fine if you didn't know yet."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," Aphmau smiles, tears still come from her eyes.

"You sure, I just don't want you to cry anymore," I wipe a tear from her eye.

I know what I want to do, but am I ready to do it. Am I really ready to kiss Aphmau? I just have to take a shot.

I look into her brown eyes, I place my hand on her cheek and I see her face go pink. Is she blushing? I get closer to her to the point where our bodies are almost touching. I lean my head down and kiss her. (Don't judge I don't know how to write a kissing scene!)

I was actually doing this, I was actually kissing Aphmau. I'm kissing my best friend, the one I've liked for awhile now. We back up from the kiss.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

After that she just runs away, did that ruin our friendship? If so, I'll never forget the good days we had together.

---------------

As I write in my journal I hear a knock on my door. I get up from my sitting position and open the door a crack. It's Garroth.

"So you made your move huh?"

"Y-yes," I stutter.

"You beat me to her, besides, she's yours," Garroth takes off his helm and throws it to me, "I wanna see if she can guess it's you if your wearing my uniform."

What is this guy doing?

"Wouldn't it be a bit obvious if your hair is blonde and mine's brown?" I ask turning the helm around in my hands.

"Not if we both are wearing the same thing," He hands me a bag.

I look inside it, a guard uniform. It must be for Phoenix Drop.

"Cadenza made this for us since both of us have pretty bad armour on," Garroth smiles.

There's a helm inside this one as well, one exactly like it. A green cloak and an emerald sword. Garroth walks over to his room.

"Take the cloak off, it'd be to obvious," He yells from across the hall.

I put the contents of the bag onto my bed and scan them. Perfect for fighting, the dark copper would help a lot. Cadenza isn't this good at making stuff work, she's good at making stuff stylish. Did Garroth come up with the blueprint and Cadenza just made it?

---------------------

I walk out of my room and there's Garroth in the exact same as me, cloak off. We look the exact same rather then our hair. He grabs my helm from under my arm and places it on my head.

"There," He smiles as he places his on his head as well, he punches my shoulder.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"For asking Aphmau out," He punches me again, "and that's for kissing her."

Our voices are different, are we not going to talk? I seriously just noticed that. Wow, I'm great at this.

"Um won't she know it's us when she hears our voices, I mean they are different," I ask.

"We're not going to talk," Garroth says, his voice is muffled under the helm.

"Okay let's get going,"

------------------------

As I walk around Phoenix Drop in the new uniform, Cadenza comes up to me.

"Garroth or Laurance?" She asks.

Well we are doing this just for Aphmau so I guess I can speak to Cadenza.

"Laurance," I smile, my helm hiding it.

"Sh Aphmau's coming," Garroth whispers as he points over to Aphmau making her way over.

Right now we're the only guards so I guess she won't ask who we are. After Dale retired and Brian went back to guard academy for some reason we've become the only guards.

"Garroth, Laurance, I'm going on a trip," She smiles, "on my own."

Last time she nearly got killed! I need to speak up.

"No," Garroth speaks up, "not alone, at least take Laurance."

"Okay, I don't really mind," She keeps her smile, "let's go," she grabs onto Garroth's arm.

"Wrong person Aphmau," I laugh.

"Whoops," She giggles.

She reaches for my arm and drags me off to a boat. I'm surprised she wasn't confused why I kissed her.

-------------------

As we sail off to somewhere Aphmau asks this question.

"Do you like me?"

"W-what m-makes you think that?" I stutter.

"Laurance you kissed me and now your stuttering," Aphmau implies, not taking her eyes off the water.

I sigh, "yes," I whisper.

"Oh," Aphmau sighs.

We stay quiet for the whole trip.

---------------------

As I dock the boat, because I know how bad Aphmau is at it, I hear crying. There isn't anyone on here, is there?

"Laurance come over here!" Aphmau yells.

What is that crying sound?