11- Laurance

"Aphmau what happened?" I ask as I scan myself for anything, once again I come up empty handed for anything. No scratches no nothing.

Wasn't I just badly injured from fighting Zenix? What the flippen Nether!
What happened? Once again with the light, what is with that? So many questions, I doubt Aphmau knows anything about it.

"Laurance what did I do?" Aphmau asks, tears stain her face.

What does she mean by what did she do? Did she do something.

"Laurance?" Aphmau asks, worry in her voice.

"Aphmau are you a magicks user?" Garroth asks.

"I don't think so," Aphmau places her finger on her lips as she thinks, "Nope never have been one, don't know why I would just suddenly develop magicks now."

"You never know," Garroth laughs.

Aphmau rolls her eyes, "We should get back to Phoenix Drop, unless you destroyed it," she points to me.

"Me no, I tried to get away from the village the only thing that got really damaged was your house," I chuckle.

"How bad, you know what never mind," Aphmau sighs.

-----------

As we walk into Phoenix Drop, Levin in Aphmau's hands. There's one thing different about the village, Aphmau's house. Where it once stood is now now a few pieces of wood and half a door.

"Aphmau I'm so sorry," I apologize.

"Hey it was already destroyed anyways," Aphmau smiles.

"Hey Laurance can I speak with you for a minute?" Garroth asks and without me responding he grabs me by my wrist and drags me away from Aphmau.

As Garroth pulls me away I have a feeling this is the conversation I would be hearing even if I didn't. Why though why do this now?

"You better hurry up and tell her or I'll tell her for you," Garroth speaks as if I'm a child.

"I don't need your help and I don't like her that way, we've just been friends for twelve years," I answer, anger in my voice.

"Not once have you thought that you liked her," Garroth blinks, "wow."

"We. Are. Friends." I say slowly.

"Sure,"

"Garroth," I angrily point at him.

"What?"

"I do not have a crush on her," I lie.

"You like her you just don't want to admit it," Garroth taunts.

"Stop,"

"You like her, you like her," Garroth sings.

"Fine I do!" I yell, "Happy?"

"Wow didn't know you would actually scream it, hopefully Lady Aphmau didn't hear,"

"What!" I scream.

I turn toward Aphmau, her head still facing her house with Levin in her arms. Hopefully she didn't hear any of it. I just don't want to ruin our friendship because of a stupid crush I have on her. I mean I don't want our friendship to be broken just because of me.

I'll tell her I like her when the time is right. Hopefully I'll have enough courage to tell her then. And maybe she'll like me back.

I walk towards Aphmau, she's helped me the most every single day. I tap her on the shoulder and she turns around.

"Hi," she smiles.

"Aphmau I need to thank you,"

"For what?" Aphmau asks as she holds Levin in her hands.

"For everything, you've been there for me when I needed you most, and you haven't stopped caring for me even when you left," I pause, "I guess this is just a handful of thank You's."

"Laurance you don't need to thank me," Aphmau smiles, "just you being with me is thanks enough. I just have one thing you have to promise me."

"What would that be?" I ask.

"That you'll never leave me,"