14- Aphmau

Who was that man that Laurance told me to run from? I hope he'll be okay. When did he get the emerald sword though? I know he can take care of himself but I'm still worried for him. He is my best friend after all, it's been about an hour since I ran back to the house. I should go check if he's still there, and if he's alive or not.

I get up from the couch and grab my diamond sword from the counter and rush out the door, Zoey was already there so that's the good part of it. I spot the docks and run, I run as fast as I can because if he's still fighting that guy I can help.

--------------------

As I near the docks I see Laurance. Lying on the ground, hair in the sand and spread out, emerald sword by his side and eyes closed. Please don't say.

"Laurance!" I yell and drop my sword as I run over to him.

Why am I the one that always sees him first. Always to see him injured in some type of way, either mentally or physically. Am I just here to heal him with my magicks or am I just here to help him and I have no other role in this world.

I feel tears form in my eyes, I'm always crying over him. Because he isn't just my best friend, he's the one I love. Not anyone else, just him, no one else. I'm always crying over him, because he's my best friend and because he's the only one I love. Sure I love my father but that's a different love. I close my eyes and let my tears fall.

"Laurance," I cry, "please don't leave me, you promised."

I hear the shifting of armour and I open my eyes. Laurance is still there, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up, my eyes full of tears. Of course, it's Garroth.

"Your his," Garroth whispers, what does that mean.

I look back over to Laurance, I know he's alive because he's breathing but for how long. I close my eyes once again and think. He's my best friend, the first one I've ever liked more then a friend, and the one who'd risk everything to protect me. Does Laurance like me back? Or is he just trying to be a nice friend?

I'm on my knees, next to Laurance, Garroth's hand on my shoulder. Just a group of friends by the docks, one on the ground asleep, possibly almost dead. Yep nothing weird happening here.

I bend down and hug Laurance, although nothing is really wrong with him rather then a scratch on his cheek he's still my friend. I still care for him, for all I know he could be almost dead, hanging onto his life.

"Laurance I," I can't finish because I fall down.

My eyes are closed, tears stain my cheeks. All I know is that I'm asleep without anything happening.

---------------------------

I wake up in a bed, purple sheets. It's my bed, but my house was destroyed. Wasn't it? I look around, my house was purple! I've got a purple house! Wait since when did I have a purple house?

I hear the door creak open and turn my head towards it, it's also purple! In the doorway stands Laurance, emerald sword at his side. He's wearing the clothes Cadenza had made him. His brown hair is a mess.

"Your-your awake," He stutters.

"I'm awake?" I question, what does he mean?

"Aphmau -er- sorry Lord Aphmau you've been asleep for," Laurance pauses, "almost a week."

"A week!" I yell, "Wait why did you call me Lord Aphmau? The only one that calls me something like that is Garroth."

"Oh your -um- your father was found, you should go see him, he should be in the grave yard looking towards the wheat fields," Laurance explains.

Well that was very exact. He said they found my father though so I guess he would be admiring Phoenix Drop. But why at the graveyard? Wait he also said I was asleep for a week! What happened during that?

I kick off my covers and look out the window. Half a wall was built around Phoenix Drop. I look down and somehow I'm in my pyjamas, someone must of changed my outfit.

I rush from the window and to the door, pushing back Laurance. I can't believe they found my father. I run towards the graveyard, the pathway making my bare feet hurt but I don't care, I get to see my father.

--------------------

As I enter the graveyard I turn my head a bit. From what I can see there's no one. Although the graveyard is quiet big. I know where my father is, on the bench over looking the wheat fields.

I rush towards there, the dirt path making my feet dirty. I stop when I see something I wasn't expected to see. Instead of a bench there's a tombstone, over looking the wheat fields. I go over to the front and what I read on the tombstone brings tears to my eyes.

Here Lies
Philip
The Most Helpful Lord Yet
May he Rest in Peace

My father is dead. That's why he's in the graveyard. Tears stream down my face. That's why Laurance had called me Lord Aphmau, because I'm the new Lord. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn my head. Instead of seeing who it was the person brings me in for a hug. I know who it is now, it's Laurance.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

I cry into his shoulder, I want to say three words but I can't stop crying.

"Thank you Laurance," I sob.

"For what?"

"Everything,"