17- Laurance

As I sail us towards Phoenix Drop in the night I hear someone creak up the stairs. I don't turn around to see who it is because I know that I might hit a cat, or even another boat. I hear the planks from the Bright Port boat, we borrowed, creak under someone's weight. I slowly steer out of the way of a white and black cat, missing it by an inch.

"Laurance?" Aphmau voice is soft.

"Yes?" I ask, my voice as dull as ever, mostly because I'm tired.

"Oh it's um nothing," Aphmau mumbles.

"Aphmau you always do that, always say something and then say it's nothing, are you alright?" I ask worry in my voice.

"Yeah I'm fine," Aphmau says cheerfully, "at least I think," she whispers and I can barely hear it.

"What's the problem?" I ask steering out of the way of another cat.

"There's no problem really," Aphmau lies.

"Aphmau I know your lying," I announce as I steer away from another cat, where are they coming from?

Aphmau stays silent as ever, just standing somewhere on the top of the boat quietly. I really want to know what's wrong but it is pretty late.

"Aphmau get some sleep," I speak up, I hear the floor boards creak, she went downstairs.

A second later I feel something touch my cheek. I turn my head a bit and see a holding back giggles Aphmau. Did she do that?

"That's what was bothering me okay," She says holding back a lot of giggles.

"Okay now get some rest," I smile.

"Oh alright," Aphmau whines.

The floor boards creak some more and then stop. Good she's back downstairs. I sigh and continue to steer out of the way of kitties.

------------------

As I pull up to the dock in Phoenix Drop I spot Garroth. Yay he's here. Everyone's asleep though. Guess I'll have to wait for them.

-------------------------------

I'm in Levin and Malachi's room, it's been a few days and so far they get along fine. At first Aphmau was scared that they wouldn't like each other but now she's scared that together they can destroy the whole village. I doubt that will happen.

As I sit on a chair in front of them Levin pulls at my arm.

"Laur Laur play," he yells, he's always so happy.

"Okay," I let the little blonde boy drag me over to the beds.

"We hav to seach for bruthor," Levin explains in his cute voice.

"Alright, we'll search for bruthor," I laugh, mimicking Levin's voice a bit.

As we search for Levin's lost 'bruthor' I hear giggling coming from the closet. Is Malachi in the closet? I quickly creep over to the closet, shushing Levin on my way. He covers his mouth with his hand trying to hold back giggles. I burst open the closet door and there stands the little ghost child laughing his head off now.

"Got you!" I scream as Malachi bursts into laughter.

"Gotcha you bruthor," Levin laughs.

"You sure...did," Malachi spits out in between laughs.

"I see you guys are having fun," Aphmau laughs as she leans on the door way.

"Momma!" Levin screams as he runs over to Aphmau.

"Hi Levin," Aphmau smiles and picks him up in her arms.

"Is Laur going to be our new daddy Momma?" Levin asks, I feel my face go a bright red.

Aphmau's face is the exact same as mine. Gosh Levin, why did you have to ask that question?

"Ummm..." Aphmau's speechless.

I'm lost for words so I just stay silent.

"Momma, why do you and Laur look like tomatoes?" Levin asks making me and Aphmau go even redder.

"Hey Levin it's you time to hide I'll count to ten!" Malachi screams making Levin scream and jump out of Aphmau's arms and run.

"Thanks Malachi," Aphmau smiles.

"No problem mum, go hang out with some people," Malachi cheerfully says and smiles.

Her sons are perfect for her.

-------------------------------

"You still like her, don't you?" Garroth asks as I enter the barracks.

"Yes," I whisper as I head up the ladder.

After I got into my room I instantly went to bed. Hanging with Aphmau's boys are tiring.

-------------------------

I'm in a forest, Aphmau dragging me by my hand. She's in a beautiful purple dress with a purple flower crown. Her hair flying into my face, everything is a blur but I can make out very colourful scenes. This has to be a dream. Aphmau would never hold my hand now, but she did when we were little kids.

"Hurry up Laurance I want to show you something!" Aphmau joyfully squeals.

"Okay, okay, it's sort of hard when your pulling off my arm," I chuckle.

"Sorry," Aphmau apologizes and let's go of my arm, "please follow me."

"Alright,"

As Aphmau drags me along, what I think is a forest, I spot one colour that stands out from them all, purple. Aphmau's favourite colour. Is this what she wants to show me, something purple.

Aphmau drags me through the trees if many colours an pushes me down onto a soft blanket. It's checkered with purple and white squares, is this the purple thing. Next to the blanket is a wooden picnic basket, are we going on a picnic?

"I'd hate for this to happen this way, but I must do it," Aphmau evilly says as she walks towards me with her mithiral broadsword.

"Aphmau what are you doing?" I ask backing up from the blanket and reaching for my sword, it's not there.

I run to a tree and I hit by head on the trunk. Aphmau places her broadsword against my neck.

"I'd hate to have blood on my sword, but what has to be done, must be done," Aphmau evilly grins as she pushes the sword a bit.

I stare at her, wide eyed. What is she doing. Her eyes flash for a second, then again. They're red, like when a Shadow Knight kills either their Lord or a handful of innocent people to become one.

"Who else?" I ask, "who else have you killed?"

"Oh Laurance don't you remember, your the Lord and I, your guard," Aphmau explains, her evil grin still upon her face.

I'm a Lord and Aphmau is my guard? When did I become a Lord, and since when did Aphmau ever want to be a guard. The hardest thing in life she would want to do is see the whole world.

"It's so sad you had to die like this, you would of made a great addition to the Shadow Army," Aphmau removes her grin and comes closer to my ear, "maybe you'll never see the light of day again."

A flash of light and I see nothing.

--------------------------------

I bolt awake from my bed, sweat coming from my bed. Is that what would of happened if I had killed Aphmau. I would of done that?