16- Aphmau

There's a baby, crying. In a little box, just like how I found Thorgi, Cookie, Jiggy, Puma and Phoenix. Who would leave a baby out here, all alone. I pick him up in my arms and slowly rock him back and forth.

"It's alright," I whisper.

"Aphmau, you found," Laurance pauses, "a baby?"

"Yes," I whisper.

I notice he's in a light blue blanket and a piece of paper attached to it. Levin. It read. Wasn't he back in Phoenix Drop?

"I don't see his mother," Laurance announces.

"That's because, it's Levin," I breath, how did he get out of Phoenix Drop.

I felt like something was ripping me apart and the scene changes. I look down at Levin. He's gone.

"Levin!" I scream.

I shake my head around violently searching for him. He couldn't just disappear out of thin air right? I feel like I'm going to cry. I look down at the floor, it's red, like blood. I hear a wail coming from upstairs and run up. I just noticed we're in a castle like place.

I bust open two doors, there sits Levin, tired to a chair and blood all around him.

"No!" I scream out.

"Lord Aphmau, Levin is safe at home, I know Garroth would never let him leave his sight, even if he did I'm sure Zoey would of watched him like a hawk," Laurance places his hand on my shoulder.

"Laurance how do we know that he was a stowaway on the boat?" I ask, tears falling from my eyes.

"If he was we would of saw him run off the boat, besides can't he only walk?"

I look around, it was just an empty chair now. No blood, no Levin.

"LoOkS lIkE hE gOt YoU oUt Of YoUr FeAr," A voice laughs.

"Stay back Lord Aphmau," Laurance pushes me behind him and grabs his sword.

A large shadow appeared in front of us. It's hand out and reaching for one of us.

"LoOkIe HeRe, AnOtHeR tOy JuSt EnTeReD mY cAsTlE, oH aNd ThEy KnOw YoU LaUrAnCe," the shadow laughs.

The person knows Laurance? Does he know me?

----------------

I wake up in a glass case, did I even know I fell asleep. I'm beside Laurance who's banging on the glass.

"Dante!" He screams.

I look down and there's a blue haired guy looking towards Laurance and...Kawaii~Chan holding hands! They both lean in, no! That isn't the real Laurance!

"Blue haired guy that isn't the real Laurance!" I scream and bang on the glass along with Laurance.

A girl with red hair comes rushing into the castle, claws on her hands and slashes both the fake Laurance and the fake Kawaii~Chan, or at least I think.

"Dante don't linger on the past, that girl is in it," the girl places the claws somewhere and hugs Dante, "please."

"Nicole, I promise, it's just, that boy, that boy I'm sure of it, I wonder if he still remembers," Dante sighs.

"Do you remember his name?" Nicole asks, I feel the floor disappear from under us and both me and Laurance fall.

"Laurance?" Dante asks as his face lightens up.

"Um who are you?" Laurance asks, the smile on Dante's face disappears, "Dante."

Laurance starts to laugh as he walks over to Dante and bro hugs him. I see a tear form in Dante's eye but it doesn't fall.

"I-I thought you forgot with everyone else," Dante stutters, clearly trying to hide tears.

"Dante, why would I forget?" Laurance asks.

"Gene," Dante whispers.

"Um Laurance who are these people?" I ask, speaking up.

"Oh Lord Aphmau, sorry for not introducing Dante, one of my friends from guard academy, although he had just started when I was about to leave," Laurance smiles as he points to the blue haired fellow.

"Hi Dante," I hold out my hand, "I'm Aphmau."

"Nice to meet you," Dante smiles.

"Who's the red head?" Laurance asks pointing to the girl named Nicole.

"Oh that's Nicole, I found her," Nicole stops Dante by covering his mouth.

"That's a story for another time," Nicole announces.

I nod, "what's that?" I point over to a soft glow coming from the stairs.

I walk over to it. It's only a child. It's crying.

"Mummy! I want my mummy!" He wails.

"Sh, it's okay, it's okay," I whisper as I pick him up in my arms. 

"You-you mean your not afraid of me?" He asks, sniffling as he tries to hold back tears.

"No, what's your name?" I ask, holding the ghost child in my arms.

"My-my name?" The ghost child asks, "my-my name is Mal-Malachi."

"Would you like to come with us?" I ask.

"You would do that?"

"Of course," I smile.

-----------------------

It's been a few days, we had to find a monk for Malachi to come with us. Although I don't mind, I am thinking about making him my son once we get back. He just needs someone to take care of him and help him with his 'gift'.

"Let's go home," I smile at Malachi, his small ghost hand in mine.

I look at the small boat me and Laurance came in on. I don't think it's going to fit all of us in it. Time to search for somewhere to ask if we can lend a boat.

A/n
Two chapters in one day, your welcome, I just felt bad for not updating this yesterday. Keep on reading! :)