6

We had decided that we would go through the rest of the plan tomorrow, because I was tired. I always have an alarm set for early in the morning because it takes a long time to get from the city to the temple and I want to maximize time with Pearl.

When we got back home I played some music on my speakers. When I turned it on Pearl jumped, I guess she wasn't expecting that. I crawled under my covers and, after a few minutes, drift off to sleep.

When I wake up the mudic is turned off and Pearl's gone. I go to the kitchen and find a cup of tea on the counter with a note next to it.

I bought a box of tea for you and I'm out buying you a doughnut right now.
-Pearl

She's so sweet, buying breakfast for me. Maybe she could move in with me... Wait, no, she can't do that. Then she wouldn't be able to go on missions. No, she would! She could just go back to the temple and- No, it takes too long to get there.

Before I even count in all the other factors, Pearl comes back with a bag of something from the Big Doughnut. Pearl seems surprised to see me awake already.

"Good morning, Pearl"

"Good morning, Y/N. How is the tea? Did I make it correctly?"

"I haven't tried it yet" She hands me the doughnut out of the bag while I take a sip of the tea.

"It's pretty good." I say.

"Good" She replies. I eat the doughnut while we talk.

"There are other gems out there. Right now they're on Homeworld." (A/N: this is before the events of The Return, but that might happen soon)

"Oh. What are their names?"

"There are too many to name. The main threats right now are Peridot and Jasper. Lapis is a friend, but she's on Homeworld as well. There are also other Pearls, Amethysts, Rubies, and Sapphires"

"There are more Pearls?"

"They're... servants..."

"Really? Why arent you?"

"I joined the rebellion"

"Did you ever have, like a... Master?"

"Rose." (A/N: this is just my theory)

"Oh..."

"Let's talk about something else"

"How do they get new gems?"

"Mainly Kindergartens. Amethyst and Jasper were made there"

"How many gems are on Homeworld?"

"I don't know. A few billion, I would say"

"Well, I suppose there's a few billion humans on earth, so that's reasonable."

"Can we start our plan yet?"

"Yes, let's go"

A/N
No chapter yesterday means longer than normal chapter today! Also I've misspelled Amethyst so many times it doesn't correct me anymore, so there might be a few mistakes with that.