8

I sat on my bed, messing around on my computer while Pearl was listening to music.

"Hey Pearl" I say.

"Yes, Y/N?"

"Do you like plays?"

"Yes"

"Let's go see a play, then! There's a showing of Hamlet in the next city over"

"Hamlet? Is that, like, a tiny piece of ham?" I giggle at her question.

"No, it's a play about this guy named Hamlet. His dad, the king, dies and then something happens with a ghost, I think. So Hamlet's mom marries his uncle and his uncle inherits the throne so now his uncle is his step-dad but the ghost is of Hamlet's dad and it tells him that his uncle killed the dad! So then the ghost asks for Hamlet to kill the uncle and in the end I'm pretty sure everyone dies"

"That sounds... interesting..."

"Do you want to go?"

"Sure"

The play starts in an hour and it's quite a long drive, so we get into my car and go. Pearl puts on music and we listen to it until we get to the theater.

"Here it is" I inform her. We walk in, get tickets, and go to the theater that our play is in. We find our seats and wait for it to start. (I don't feel like typing out a freaking 4 hour play so if you want to know exactly what happens go watch it yourself)

During the intermission I don't buy anything, but I do get out of the little theater. I talk to Pearl for about 15 minutes until they announce that the play is starting again.

Once it's finished it's already 10:00 P.M. so we go home. Pearl stays at my house overnight, so I don't have to go out to the temple. When we get there I collapse onto my bed. Apparently Pearl decides she wants to sleep, too, because she cuddles up next to me once I get into a comfortable position. I kiss her gem and she blushes.

"Goodnight" I whisper to her. Then I fall asleep.