chapter#21

*Unknown p.o.v*
This can't be happening! Chloe thought.She couldn't stop shaking.
"Where are you taking us?" She asked her voice cracking.
Greg hit the gas hard."Somewhere with a lot of space," he said."You girls need practice.Alot of practice."
"What?" Jade asked."Come on Greg ,this isn't funny.Take us back to school."
"As if any of you have a choice," Greg muttered.
"Dave put you up to this,didn't he?" Dana blurted out then she turned to Jade."Or was it you? Was this part of the plan? Did you forget to tell me about this part?"
"Ofcourse this wasn't part of the plan!" Jade said.
Confused,Chloe studied their faces.
"What do you mean?" She asked."What plan?"
Dana glanced at Jade nervously then turned to Chloe."It was supposed to be um...you know a joke."
"What was?" Allie asked slowly.
"The kidnapping," Dana replied.
"A joke?" Chloe repeated.
"Oh come down from the throne ,Princess Chloe," Jade replied."We hired Dave okay? We just wanted to ruffle your feathers."
"What?" Chloe glared at Jade and Dana."You hate me that much?"
"Its not about you," Dana insisted."Really."
"I can't believe you guys dragged me into this," Chloe cried out.
Chloe was so confused.She didn't know what to think.Jade and Dana had done everything? Then what about Greg?
"So you were lying.You did put that stuff in my locker!"Chloe said,thinking aloud.
"The notes and the bloody doll.And you set up my. . .accidents!"
"No way."Jade frowned."I told you I didn't do that."
"Yeah but that stuff gave us the idea for the kidnapping," Dana added.
"Quiet!" Greg barked from the driver's seat.
Chloe glanced forward and saw his hands clenching the wheel.She turned back to Jade and Dana."This is part of the joke right? I mean I know you said it wasn't but that was all an act. . .right?"
Real fear glimmered in Dana's eyes.she was frozen,too scared to speak.
And Jade-even Jade crouched down in her seat looking vulnerable for the first time ever."I want to go back to the school," she whimpered."Please."
"Please," Chloe echoed turning back to Greg."Take us back! We never hurt you! We never did anything to you!"
"Consider it payback for every fucking backstabber cheerleader ."
"But..what do you have against the cheerleaders?" Jade asked.
"My sister was a cheerleader ," Greg said with venom in his voice."Once upon a time." He added mockingly."But she never got a chance to finish her senior year. .because she died."
Got to keep him talking ,Chloe thought quickly.If he's talking to us may be he'll stop wanting to hurt us."What was your sister's name?" She asked after a moment.
"Beatrice," Greg said quietly.
Chloe fumbled for what to say next."Did she like being a cheerleader?"
"She was so happy when she made the squad," he said in a Faraway voice."Used to practice the cheers around the house all the time.She wasn't very good and she knew it.But she was working so hard-to try and get better. ."
"So how did she make the squad if she wasn't good?" Dana asked.
"You tell me," Greg said sarcastically.
"What are you talking about"? Chloe asked flinching at the harsh note in his voice.
"She was the cheerleaders little fucking joke! They wanted to make a fool out of her so they let her on the squad.They thought it was so funny at the games when she missed a step or clapped out of time.Everybody knew she was a joke.Everybody but Beatrice. She was so proud of herself for becoimg one of them."
He jerked the steering wheel and the van lurched around a turn.
"What the fuck!" Jade cried out nearly tumbling off her seat."You're going to get us killed!"
Greg laughed hysterically."Not yet ,babydoll," he called from the front.
The tires screeched as he rounded another corner and Chloe tried again to distract him.
"What happened to your sister?"
"I told you before," he replied."she died."
"I'm so sorry ,Greg," Chloe told him."How did it happen?"
"They made her climb up to the top of a Mount to jump off.They were suppose to catch her but didn't.They let her fall-and break her neck.They said it was an accident."
"Maybe it was," Allie said.
"It wasn't!"Greg snapped."And now someone has to fucking pay! I've been planning mg revenge for so long.working out the details."He paused ."First I was just going to punish Chloe."
"Why me?"Chloe asked in disbelief.
"Because you're the perfect girl,"he said,glaring at her before turning his eyes back to the road."You set the whole thing up."
Chloe felt sick.He was crazy.None of this made sense.
She could remember Reece words ringing in her ears.
I dont trust him.
I don't trust him.
I don't trust him.
"But now that I have you all. . ." Greg's voice trailed off.
Chloe could see his wicked grin in the rearview mirror.
They passed through the small town to a deserted area-a grid of railroad tracks and a dark dingy warehouse.
Maybe they could make an escape now that the van was stopping,Chloe thought.
Chloe's stomach sank as Greg punched a code on the remote control device on the Van's visor and a huge garage door opened.
We have to get out of here! She thought,desperately scanning the area.
Railroad tracks.Empty lots.And this warehouse.
There was no place to hide.No place to run.And the girls were still handcuffed together.
How can we get away?
"Here we go," Greg said as he rolled the van up the ramp and right into the huge warehouse.
He killed the engine and used the remote to close the garage door."Last stop ,ladies.Everybody out."
They awkwardly climbed out of the van.Chloe shivered.There was no heat in the building and the stench of something rotten stung her nose.
Moonlight slitherd through the dingy windows.It glinted on cool metal.Rows of giant hooks.Long tables.Conveyor belts and shiny machines.
A scuttling sound nearby ,circling the girls.
"What's that noise?"Jade asked.
"Rats," Greg said gleefully."They're everywhere."
Fear covered Chloe like a black veil.
"What is this place?" Jade asked with fear covering her face.
"Let me give you a grand tour." Greg clicked on a flashlight.Its eerie glow streaked across the room.
"It used to be a meatpacking plant," he smiled."Sort of grim but we'll make the most of it.Right girls?"
No one answered.
"Here's the giant grinder. .the electric saws. . .," his light bounced and gleamed off the cold metallic machines.
Grinders? Saws? Chloe couldn't believe her eyes.Greg was a monster.
He grabbed a curved metal prong and threw it toward Chloe.
She ducked.The hook whipped past her and landed with a clanking sound on the floor.
"Sacred?" He laughed."Its just a meat hook."
Chloe pressed close to Dana who was trembling.Jade cowered ,uncharacteristically queit.
"Have a seat," Greg said directing them to a group of metal chairs.He leaned into the shadows and reappeared carrying coils of elastic cord with hooks on the ends.
"Wh-hy did you bring us to a meat factory?" Jade stammered.
"Its got everything we need," he quickly secured the girls into their chairs with the elastic cords."Space.Privacy. And toys.lots of toys."
He ducked back into the shadows and grunted as he heaved something onto his shoulder.
"Like this."He swung toward the girls.
Hoisting an electric saw with a mammoth blade.
Chloe gasped,staring at the jagged teeth of the tool.
Wheeee!
The blade began to whir.The razor sharp edges glinted in the moonlight.
"This will only take a minutr!" He shouted over the noise.
Terror exploded in the air as he dipped toward Chloe and Dana.
Close.So close,Chloe could feel air stirring from the speedind blade.
The girls screamed ducking away from the saw.
Chloe's heart pounded.
Wheeeee! The saw whirred toward them.
Greg moved the blade toward Chloe's wrist and smiled.An evil menacing smile.
He's going to cut off my hand! Chloe realized.
I'm going to bleed to death!
She closed her eyes as she heard the blade make contact.

†††††††††††††††††††