Chapter 16

¤ Chloe Armel ¤

"Lets do this."

I laughed when Valentino made me stand up,grinning like crazy.The sun was warm on our heads as he dragged me behind him on the football feild.I could see the box lying thirty feet away from us.Looking innocent.

"Are you sure about your manhood?." Jack drawled from behind us.Valentino didn't turn back.He raised his middle finger in the air.I glanced back and saw Reece watching me with an amused smile on his face.His green eyes were sparking ,the sleeves of his black button down shirt were rolled up to his elbows and-

I groaned when the side of my head collided with Val's shoulder.

"Serves you right." he snickered.I was too busy clutching the side of my head,my eyes watering .

Two boxed of pompoms sat on the field and i was feeling like something was wrong.Something didn't feel right though.

I was about to tell Valentino but he grabbed two pairs and handed one to me.

"Lets show those bitches." he mocked with a grin and turned around to face them.

"But...do we really have to do this?." i mumbled clutching the pompoms in my hand.I could hear Jack catcalling and laughing.

Valentino had selected the big red and white pompoms while he have me the small glittering red ones.

"Yeah!" Val yelled shaking his big pompoms in the air. "Guys can do it better."

I rolled my eyes and started waving my hideous pompoms in the ar.I felt like the biggest idiot.

"Ouch." i gasped,feeling sharp sting on my hand.I tightened my grip on the pompoms,digging my fingernails into my palms.

Valentino was moving away from me waving his pompoms in the air.I was left alone.

I winced as another sharp pain stabbed through my fingers.

I wanted to call a cheer but i couldnt.Pain swarmed and scurried along my flesh in a sickening motion circling my fingers.Pinching the skin between them.

Moving higher. .higher.Biting the tender skin of my wrist.

"Help." i whispered to no one.

"Help me!" i cried." Somebody!"

I shook my hands trying to see under the streamers of my pompoms.Something was eating me alive!

"Make it stop!" i screamed."Make it stop!"

I was so far gone due to the pain that i didn't notice Reece running towards me.I flung my pompoms to the ground and gasoed.

"My..my hands.."

My hands were covered with ants.Hundereds of swarming ,shiny red ants.

"Chloe!" i heard Reece calling from far away.

They travelled up my arms,moving as one.A colony of hungry ants.

I shrieked as throbbing pain dug into my skin.

"Reece. .," i gasped in horror,my throat clogging."Help. .help me!"

I cried frantically scratching at my skin.

Suddenly i felt myself being whirled around.Green eyes clashed with mine .Without a word he took hold of my hands not caring that those angry ants were starting to crawl all over his hand.I tried to tugg m hands free not wanting him to be hurt but his grip tightned.

"No,Chloe!" i glanced at him but he wasn't looking at me.He was yelling at Valentino.

"Water,Val.Now." Valentino nodded his eyes filled with worry.

"Reece. .," i tugged at my hands not caring about the pain anymore.

He looked at me,his eyes blazing with anger .

"Chloe Chloe . .," he said in a calm voice which didn't match his eyes which were burning with anger.He moved one of his hand on my arm so the ants could climb on him instead.

"I'm here.I got you." i couldn't see his face clearly because my eyes were filled with tears.

Then there was a blast of cold.

I sagged un relief against Reece as water gushed over me.Icy water.

"Better?." Jack asked,holding the water cooler.

"Little c?." Valentino looked really worried.

I gave them a small smile and turn my head away from them.Hiding in Reece's throat.I heard him say "Not now,Jack.".

The ants struggled in the stream of liquid.Their bodies swirled helplessly in it.I felt his arms tightning around me.He didn't move.Didn't say a word.

"I'm sorry for your shirt." i mumbled in his throat.

"Shut up."

I nodded and burued my head in his shoulder."Why do i always end up in trouble,Reece?."

"Because i always save you in the end.I'm your knight in wet shirt." he souded amuse,his hand moving up and down my spine.

I smiled at that because he was right.

"And i'm the damsel in distress?."

He kissed the side of my head."You can say that."

I loved him so much.He had no idea .

**

I didn't want to freak out Reece but i feel like somebody put the ants there on purpose.Same vicious girls who had been leaving bloody dolls in my locker.As we moved in the corridor i leaned in to Reece.He pulled me closer.

I spotted Jade and Dana laughing with a few other seniors.

I glanced back at the group of seniors.I watched Jade laughing and holding Dana's hand who was laughing too as if nothing had happened.

Jade leaned out of the crowd and locked eyes with me.

Her lips curved in a smug grin.Her eyes glittered with warning.

I shivered.Today Jade and Dana took things to a new level.They tried to hurt me,i thought.

I knew they were going to do this again.

*