Chapter 2 (part 1)

¤ Chloe Armel ¤

late again,i mused.

I was standing in the empty hallway,tapping my foot from the last twenty minutes but their was still no sign of Lord Demon.

I saw Jake walking inside with a half eaten sandwich.He grinned when he saw me standing.Alone.

He jogged up to me,"Yo!."

"Yo yo.", i said,shaking his hand.

He shook his head lightly,"Only you could make it sound so uncool."

A slight frown formed on his face,"What're you doin' here? Class's gonna start," he glanced at the clock on the wall " right now."

I sighed,"I know.I'll catch you guys in the class and where is Jayden?.".I asked because there was no sign of tweedle Dee behind tweedle dum.

Jake bit his lip,"Yeah about that..."

I narrowed my eyes,"What did you do,Jake?."

He grinned,"Stapled his finger while he was kissing Angelina Jolie in his sleep."

Ouch.

Jake and Jayden were like my babies.Okay.That sounded a bit weird.

I smacked his shoulder with my binder," Go on.I'm waiting for your ring master."

He saluted me and trotted off to the class.

Great.

I was the only moron standing in the hallway and luck was on my side because not a single teacher could be seen.

Now that i wasn't in the class,might as well greet him at the front of the school.

I shoved my binder in the backpack and hitched my backpack up and started back towards the front.

I had just turned the corner when i saw a boy.

First i saw his dark,troubled eyes.Then i saw the twisted expression on his pale face.

I gasped when i saw the puddle of bright blood on the floor at his feet.

"P-Please.....help me.",he called.

And then i saw the blood dripping down his arm.With a cry of alarm,i rushed forward and dropped my backpack on the floor.

The boy was breathing hard.His features revealed that he was in pain.

Blood spread over the white sleeve of his shirt.

"What happened?! Oh my god! Are you okay?."

"It...it's not as bad as it looks," the boy said,holding hs sleeve,"Really."

"But the blood-",i started to say.

"If you could help me find the nurse's office," he said,"I'm n-new here.I don't know where it is."

"No problem.Come on .",i grabbed his uninjured arm.

"A stupid accident," he said,shaking his head,his black hair falling over his forehead.He glanced at me,"I was trying to help a girl outside.Her bike got stuck in the fence ,you know.Behind the parking lot."

He grimaced in pain.

My stomach clenched when i glanced at his shirt.Covered in blood.

"When i pulled the bike free,"he continued,walking swifly now," the wire cut me right through my arm.Just sliced it."

I tried not to freak out and make my journey as fast as i could.

"Let...let's see if the nurse is still there.",i urged,holding on to the boy's arm."What's your name?."

"Gabriel Ross.",he answered.

"I'm Chloe.Chloe Armel.",i said leading him towards the office.His face was getting pale with each passing minute due to the loss of blood.

The boy was good looking.Even though he was walking slowly but he had the smooth graceful stride of a natural athlete.He was tall and lean.His slender face,topped by dark black hair had a troubled expression.

Studying him,i couldn't help staring at his eyes.

Dark,brooding eyes.

Troubled eyes,i thought.

Sad eyes.

I had to blink to interrupt my gaze.

****

"You should be fine,dear." Nurse Conrad said,looking over her shoulder at us and washing her hands in the sink.

I stood up from the chair,"Can we go now?."

Gabriel too stood up,the cut on his arm cleaned and bandaged.

She nodded with a gentle smile,"Just remember,avoid shower for a few days."

Gabriel nodded with a solemn face.

Did he ever smile?.

"Thank you,Mrs Conrad." with that i opened tha door and held it for Gabriel.He gave me a small nod of thanks and walked outside.I closed the door behind me.

He was standing outside and i was kind of surprised to see him waiting.

"Gabriel?."

He gave me a small smile,"Call me Gab."

I shut my mouth."You've a class right?."

He nodded and glanced at the floor,"Um,i don't know where it is."

Oh.

You.Are.An.Idiot!

I could feel my face grew hot."I'm so sorry.I totally forgot.Come on."

I stepped infront of him.He clutched the strap of his backpack tightly.

Weird.

Tha reminds me...

I stopped dead in my tracks.

Reece.

Blood.

My backpack.

"Chlo-",he was cut off with a loud thundering of feet.Gab stepped beside me to get a better look.He was frowing slightly.

1

2

3

Reece emerged around the corner with a hard look on his face and i could see my backpack dangling from his hand.Valentino and Dennis appeared behind him with Jake.

The way they were walking toward me was making my blood dry.No wonder Gab took a step back.

Where is the white flag when you need one?.

Green eyes narrowed the second he noticed Gab standing beside me.

Valentino waved behind his back.

I gave him a small smile.

Dennis pointed at Reece and then at his head,moving his finger in circular motion.

Like i couldn't see he was mad.