Epilogue

A few weeks later Chloe hurried down the hall toward the locker room, touching her warm cheek where Reece had just kissed. A faint smile played across her lips.

Everything was a blur. How Reece handled her how he made sure she got back to the way she was. How he never talked about the incident when she asked him not to.

Everything was great again.

She was happy again.

Because of him .

"There you're,Chloe!" Dana said,turning away from her locker . Allie standing right beside her with a full blown smile.

"Sorry I'm late." Chloe said as she hugged Allie and Dana tight.

Dana pulled back from her ,her eyes sparking. " Ready to hear the new one?"

Chloe glanced at Allie and nodded .

Laughing and chattering,they walked out where the whole cheer squad was .

Dana stopped suddenly. A tear slid down her face as she stared blankly towards the practice area.

Chloe knew why . She's remembering Jade. . .

"Come on," Chloe said ,gently resting her hand on Dana's shoulder. "You can do this . Do this for Jade."

Danna wiped away the tears and nodded. She walked with her head up towards her squad.

Chloe pulled Allie with herself and they settled down on the grassy ground , watching the cheerleaders.

"Listen up!" Dana called ,taking her place In front of the group. "We've got a lot of work to do if we are going to polish our new cheer!"

"It's not going to be easy to do with just five of us. " A redhead said quietly to Dana.

"I know," Dana said somberly, thinking of Jade again. "But pretty soon, we'll have a sixth person back."

Wearing a broad grin ,she turned in the direction of where Chloe and Allie were sitting .

"Make sure you cheer for us!" Dana sounded excited. Chloe nodded and grinned at her. Giving her a thumb up.

"Make us proud,D!" Allie yelled and Chloe glanced at her ankle involuntary. Allie had told Chloe that the doctors assured her the scar would fade in time. But for now it was a chilling reminder of the terror they'd faced together—and survived.

"All right," Dana said ,turning back to the squad and clapping her hands. "Let's get into position for the new cheer. Are you ready? Teamwork—lets go!"

"We can't be beat
Won't meet defeat
Cause when it's time
To face the heat. .
We know just what's the thing to do. .
Teamwork! Teamwork!
Gets us through!"

|||||||||||||||

Ding ding it's over!
Thanks for everyone who voted!

Eid Mubarak guys! 🔆🔆

Happy bbq-ing the crap out of your cow/buflo/ sheep/ whatever you got!🐑🐪🐑🐮🐄

I have to apply my mehindi/henna tonight! Tomorrow is eiiiiiid!! 👑👑

Man! I love dressing up for eid and the whole big fat gathering of my family! And the whole BBQ going on!

Love you guys!

Happy eid !💄👗💥

❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕❌⭕