chapter 29 + a contest (closed)

okay so i decided to do a little contest for you guys as a thank you for all you've done for me.

basically the winner will get to design a character for this book. the character will be appearing occasionally during the remainder of the book. this character will be completely created by you, so it could literally YOU, or your alter ego or something. it's completely up to you. you get to pick how they look and their personality and stuff like that.

the character is going to be either michael or ashton's girlfriend; you get to choose! (cal and luke have to be single for the storyline) you will be a regular in the rest of the story, appearing at least every few chapters.

to enter, all you have to do is comment on this chapter answering this question:

if you got to spend a day with one of the boys, who would you pick and why?

you can only enter once, but it will increase your chances of winning if you vote on all my chapters and follow me!

the winner will be chosen randomly!

i'll dm the winner when the contest ends!

good luck!!
-rosie

•••
alexis

The nightmares started before I even knew Calum existed. Looking back, I think that they are what started all of my problems; my anxiety and panic attacks, my trust issues. Or maybe Calum was to blame for those. Nevertheless, the nightmares were the first things to go wrong in my head.

The first one I got when I was eight. It was that I was running. And running. And running. And I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to get there or something bad would happen. I sprinted forever, but my legs never hurt, heart didn't burn. My breathing was heaving and my hair was flying behind me, my arms pumping at my sides as I tried to increase my speed.

But I didn't get there in time. And suddenly, the ground just fell out from under my feet, and I fell through the air.

I was flying headfirst, going nowhere. I don't even know where this dream was suppose to lead. But then, I was suddenly upright, and it started raining. Pouring. And I wasn't falling anymore. I was standing on something soft and white, and I looked down, and it was a cloud. I breathed out a sigh of relief, as even though some part of me must've knew it was a dream, I was happy not to be falling.

I was safe.

But then things started to change and as I looked down again the cloud was black, and so was my outfit. And I spread my arms out, and there were black feathered wings on them. I was a dark angel.

I smiled. I'd always likes darker, creepier things. My favorite movies had always been scary, while the other girls were watching Disney movies. Even at a young age, I feel I could relate more to darker things than movies of lighter subject.

But as I looked around at the sky, I realized something. Every other angel's cloud was white, as were their outfits and wings. And the sun was shining upon each and every one of them.

Just not me. I was in the dark. Even when I was eight, I knew I was different.

The dream ended with me falling through the cloud.

After that, the dreams, the nightmares, we always scattered throughout the nights. They were infrequent at first, only a handful a year, actually. But by the time I was thirteen, they were happening nearly every night. Multiple every night sometimes. Most people love sleeping, as they should. A time or relaxation and meditations. But not for me. Sleeping did not bring rest upon me, only terror. And when your nights are bad like this, your days begin to follow a similar pattern.