What they don't know won't hurt them.

Hi this is my first fan fiction it's based on the TV series and it's an awesome series so if you haven't seen it then you must watch it!

Beep. Beep. Beep. What the hell is that. Beep. SHUT UP. It sounds like an alarm. Shit i hit my alarm clock what time is it? 8:50! I'm going to be so late. HI i'm Mai Taniyma, currently I am 19 years old, I live alone and right now I'm running late for work. Where do I work? well i work in a bar, i'm a singer and server there. Before you ask, yes i did use to work at SPR however, that all changed 3 years ago. You must of heard what happened. It was only the most hurtful thing that anyone had done to me.but for those of you who don't know, I confessed my feelings towards Naru. It didn't turn out well. He asked me, and i quote, "do you love me or Gene?" and with that he left me crying. I don't like to think about it that much. but the thing that annoys me the most is that i think i still love him. Even though he isn't here anymore and it is just me i do still go on the occasional case though, by myself, i have gotten hurt but thats something no one needs to know about.

How are the rest of SPR? Another good question, but i can't answer it because I don't know. About a week after Naru left John had to go back to Australia to help with a church crisis, Masako had to go back and film a new series, Yasu went to college somewhere, Akayo was opening a new hospital out of Japan and Monk went on touring with his band. And me. I'm still here. I think its fair to say that i've changed a lot. I only have one friend now, lucky me and I don't let anyone close to me anymore. I have also changed physically, i actually have curves now! My hair has grown and I'm taller. At work i get a lot of 'comments' about my appearance and a lot of nice ones too. I do have a boyfriend -sort of- his name is Lei and he is close to me. We used to date but it got awkward so we're just friends. He isn't a physic or anything like that but half the time i think that he can read my mind. I love him, in a friendly way, and i know that he would never ditch me.

My powers certainly have grown and its been a difficult couple of years trying to sort them out. I now have PK that is probably stronger than Naru's because of this power i can fly as well. I can see the future, astral project, have very good intuition and can heal others. They are all really helpful except for the healing one. i can heal people however their wounds transfer onto me, and that can be difficult. Also my dreams have become easier to control however i can also get hurt whilst being in the dream. So now i can get hurt whilst i'm sleeping as well as being awake. Yay. thats all you really need to know for now. But more will be revealed.

throwing on my usual attire, black ripped jeans, a black tank top and a black leather jacket that makes me look bad-ass, i'm ready to go. Ever since 'that day' the day Naru left, i've been wearing black. However it seems to come into my favour when guys give me tips because of how 'sexy' i look. Now running to the bar and finally making it - 2 minutes late - i start to work. "hey Mai" Casey says. Casey is a new friend of mine, she's more like the sister i never had, we get along really well and she is really protective over me.

"hi Casey, how are you?"

"Good, your singing tonight by the way at 7:00 we had a cancellation."

"ok sweet"

"oh and one other thing"

"what?"

"you have a visiter" Casey smirks, nodding her head to a corner.

"Hiya Mai" i turn and see Lei.

"LEI!" i scream and run to him hugging him tight. He'd been away for the whole of easter because of an intern ship, however he promised me that he would come back. And he's finally home.

"How are you Mai? You look great." lei smirks.

"I look great? look at you with your tan, and new muscles" i blush a bit when i see how much muscle he has in his arms that just hugged me.

"yeah," he says sheepishly "they had me help a bit with the heavy lifting. I need to head home now, i still haven't said hi to mum or dad i though i should come and say hi to you first." i blush" but i really need to go now..." i frown"....but i will be back at 7:00 to see you preform." with one more hug he leaves.

"hey Mai" i turn to face Casey. "if you still don't want to go out with him, then can i have his number?"

i start to laugh "Yeah, sure, go on then." i say still laughing.

"really?" Casey says looking un sure.

i stop laughing and look at her with a hard face, "No way in hell am i giving you his number."

"but Mai-"

"you could just ask him yourself you know" i say interrupting her.

"fine, come on we need to start setting up before the boss gets mad at us again." Casey and i start laughing. Our 'boss' is a 25 year old kid who thinks he owns the place. In the real world his dad owns the club he just helps run it. He has a huge crush on me that works in my favour because then we get the mornings off and Casey and I do what we want.

"yeah right, like he would ask me to work" i say still laughing.

"you never know he could ask you to work in a maids outfit with a high skirt??" Casey says bursting out with giggles.

"that might be a very good idea Casey," i turn to see no other than 'the boss' also known as Roger.

"There is no way in hell that you will get me dressed up as a maid." i say sternly, putting my cold neutral mask back on.

"one day Mai you will love me, and when that day comes you will wear a maid outfit for me. now come on start opening up." then he swiftly turns and walks out the room. Before Casey can say anything i say in a cold voice:

"not another word, understood" she just nodded.