Mai's Past...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIED?" Monk shouted enraged

"you didn't die your right here!!" Masako said 

"you died?" John whispered 

"we didn't even know" akayo starts to sob 

Lin and Naru are silent until...

"i don't believe you," Naru flat out says. 

everyone shuts up at this. "I saw her, i held her hand, i was there when you weren't WHAT DO YOU - "

"Casey its ok" i say. I stand up turn my back to them and lift up my shirt. There are my scars. That night I got more than raped, i was beaten knocked out. 

"I died from blood loss and trauma to the head." i say turning back around. "do you believe me now narcissist?" 

Naru's face pales even more. "In case you don't..." I walk over to him grab his arm and put his hand on my heart.

"i'm confused what are you doing?" he asks 

"i have no pulse because i have no need for a heart because i am dead." I see in his eyes that he has finally understood. 

i go and sit back down in my chair to carry on talking. 

"i died here in this room and i was being treated by Dr Dan who is also a demon. He was the one that realised exactly what had happened. 

You see when a demon is dying they must pass on their abilities or title to someone else who is alive. They cannot be dead and it cannot be a soul. The way they do this is my 'releasing' in the person." I shudder at the memory.

"This particular demon was desperate as it only had hours left and he needed to pass over his title, I was the first person he saw and i was in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Anyway he passed on his title and his powers. This is where i got my PK from."

I turn to Dr Dan.

"When he explained to me what was happening i laughed and didn't believe him. It wasn't until he took me to hell that i finally realised that actually i was dead and now a demon. So i did the one thing that i thought would get me away from it all. 

I ran away. I ran to an abandoned farm, i lived off cheap food and plants for 3 months but it changed nothing.  My powers just grew at any bad dream or anything that scared me my powers would flare up. But i soon realised that i could control water and when ever i went into a river or a lake that i would be calm.

After 2 months of self pity Lei came to my farm. I had accidentally started a fire and he came to check it out..." i looked at him and smiled "... he saw me in my demon form and instead of running he helped me. With the help of Casey and Lei i started getting proper food and became healthy, i then talked to Dr. Dan and he started training me. 

I lived in that abandoned farm for 9 months and in with Casey for the winter months. It took me a total of 11 months until i was able to do everything i can do today. 

after 1 year i moved into my own place. However 10 months ago, 2 months after i moved in, i learned something new. 

Once every year all demons, high and low, must meet in hell to 'check up' on their rank and learn of new demons who have joined or disappeared. It was then that i learned that i am actually next in line to become Satan aka:

 Ruler of the Underworld.