Halo

CHAPTER FORTY

K a i

"I love you." She half-smiled, shaking her head. "Ice, please," She looked at me once again, melting my heart. "...I love you. Hear me out, baby, please. I'm begging you. I need you in my li-"

"Really? Is that genuine? Do you really mean that? Can you prove that? Huh? Can you?" Galit na galit. Pa'no ako sasabat kung ganyan? "Tatahimik ka na lang dyan?" Hindi ako makagalaw. Gusto ko ring magsalita pero walang lumalabas. "So much about you being a saint. I can see no halo. You are no different from me." She has every right to get mad at me, but all I want from her is to hear me out. Or is it me, demanding things again? "Yeah, that's what I thought. You're still that little girl back in College."

"I've changed-"

"In my perspective, there haven't been any changes from you, Kai."

"No, you don't und-"

"Shut up. I don't wanna hear you blabbering about the fact that you love me, because if you do, you didn't shut me out of your life in the first place."

"But I love you..."

🎶 Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo, Close

Sabi nila, isa sa pinakamasakit marinig ay ang mga salitang, "Mahal din kita, pero..." Ice turned her back on me with one hand on her waist and the other covering her mouth, before pushing back her jet black hair. "Mahal kita kaso ang sakit ng ginawa mo. I have to move on. I need to. That's why I want you to leave. I hate your existence. I hate the fact that you're here and that you're my stupid neighbor."

Ang bulaklak na siyang nag-iwan ng sugat sa aking mga kamay ay aking nabitawan. Hinabol ko siya habang siya'y mabilis na naglalakad palayo sa akin. Gaya ng dati, hinintay ko muna siyang makawala, na lumayo at maisip ang lahat ng mga dapat at 'di ko dapat ginawa, bago ako umaksyon. "I am not leaving until you talk to me."

"I will talk to you if it doesn't involve me being madly in love with you."

"Please, we need to settle things in the past, so we can move passed it and start a ne-"

"New life, you say? Good luck with that. There's nothing else to talk about, Sinclair heiress. What's done is done," She remarked and she meant it. She never used this tone to me before. "There is nothing you can do about my pain, that even if I forgive you, this emotional scar will remain forever."

Sinubukan kong hawakan ang kanyang mga kamay ngunit habang siya'y papiglas, ako ay biglang natumba. Ewan ko, bigla na lang akong nahilo. "I'm sorry. I'm such a klutz," I whispered, staring down at my injured ankle. She was going to leave me but had chosen to stay and help me stand up.

"I can see that you're still that clumsy, rich girl. So much for those changes," She joked, I think. I felt relieved, seeing her smile. Nakalimutan ko tuloy na na-sprain yung ankle ko. "Stop smiling."

"Why?"

"I don't want to get your hopes up."

"Mood killer."

"Heartbreaker."

"Hah!" Ang likot ko kasi kaya naman muntik na ulit kaming tumumba. "Oh, sorry." Sana nga natumba na lang kami tapos pumaibabaw siya sa'kin tapos nahalikan niya ako. Hmm, that would be very, very nice. "As I was saying, I'm sorry. And I also want to apologize for trespassing, for trying to break-in, and touching your things without permission."