The Cambria Twins

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

I c e

Still, on the balcony, my twin and I are staring at Kai. She's too busy to notice us because she's laughing with her friends which is technically my bitches. My love, then shifted her look on the both of us. As she looked away, Yuri and I finished our drink in unison. "Ice, I really need you to make up your mind. I don't want you being stupid for a long time," She says to me, looking really serious about the fact that she doesn't want me to tie the knot with Paxton. "You don't even like the guy."

"I don't need to like him."

"You don't need him. Periodt."

"Yeah, he's cute but that's it."

"I'm opposed to this idea."

"Alam mo namang wala akong choice, 'di ba? This is the right thing to do." I know it is stupid for one to marry when you don't even love the person, but there is a certain reason why I have to do this. "And besides, mukha naman siyang masaya. Masaya naman siya without me."

"And you expect me to agree with this?"

"You don't have any other option, sister, you have to."

"Handa ka na ba sa malalaman niya?" And the reason behind it will definitely tear her apart. I know it will. I know her too well. "Napag-isipan mo na ba kung ano ang sasabihin mo sa kanya?"

I don't know when, where, how, and what will I tell her if the secret has been revealed. I can't imagine the pain that she will feel. I didn't want this. Although there is a part of me that is happy. I love Kai, but there is a reason why I had to push her away. I know she will leave me again, the second she hears about it. She does it all the time, I'm used to her doing that, and believe me, it is not easy. I know I am a strong person, but that I cannot take.

Kai told me to stay away from her for years and I did, I granted her wish and moved away. I left thinking that it would make her happy, but turns out, it didn't. I can see that she's still that girl who became curious and got attached to that so-called Princess Charming with the glass sneakers, who's really the school's evil, rich slut, back in College.

When she kissed me, there was this electrifying feeling. A feeling that I've always wanted to taste. A feeling that my soul wants to eat. It is craving for it. For her. I love her. I do. But sometimes, you can't always have what you want. That even if you want that person so badly, something or someone will get in the way.

I wanna see her be brave. I wanna know how will she try to win me back. Win me. Please, Kai, fight for me. And don't you ever fucking leave me again. But these are all in my head. I don't know if she can see right through me. Because sometimes, even if things are better left unsaid, one should never stop looking for answers.

"Hindi ko alam kung pa'no," Matamlay kong sagot sa aking kapatid. "Nakakatakot kasing mahalin si Kai," Pahayag ko, puno ng lungkot. "Si Kai kasi, kahit na mahal ka niya, kaya ka niyang iwan, thinking na it is best for the both of you."

"Yeah. I learned it the hard way."

Naaalala ko na naman kung paano niya ako ipagtabuyan noon. Ayaw niyang makinig sa kahit ano'ng paliwanag. "Basta kasi nasaktan siya, wala na siyang pinaniniwalaan. Hindi ba niya alam na requirement sa pag-ibig ang masaktan?" Tumawa na lang si Yuri. "Ang hirap kasing magtiwala. Wala naman sanang problema kaso duwag siya. Napakaduwag ni Kai."

"Maybe you scared her away. Freaked her out. We'll never know."

"No," I croaked. That's not it, I'm certain. "It was that kiss with Dakota that ruined everything."