Chapter 2

Edited: 08/01/2020

+++++

Daniel pov

I am in the office with my dad, helping him do alpha work since I might be alpha soon. He decided he wanted to retire early so he had began to teach me the ropes of being an alpha and the duties that come with it. He even allowed me act as the alpha from time to time just to see if I'm a bad alpha or what needed to be improved.

Alpha! We found a rogue in our borders. My soon to be beta, Kyle mind linked me. He too was acting as beta for the day and all orders were to come to me for today anyway.

Hearing of the rogue my body went rigid and I instantly had the instict to hunt them down before any harm could come to my pack. I looked up at dad waiting for his order. He raised his eyebrow, nodding toward the door.

"Why are you watching me? I'm not the alpha right now. Get going." I shot up and ran out the office and through the pack house. The moment I was by the front door I quickly tugged my shirt off and shifted into my black wolf.

Make sure that they don't get away! I ordered all the wolves that joined Kyle to stop the rogue.

Alpha the wolf is a she wolf

I became shocked at the news. Rogue she wolves were rare. It was mainly men that hated being the rank they are in their pack that defected for power. As I got closer to the others a scent hit me. It smelled like strawberry and chocolate mixed with what smelled like... a lilly. My wolf stirred, anticipation and excitement began to roll off him in waves.

Go! Go find mate! As soon as he practically screamed those words my heart sped up and with that my pace picked up too.

I stopped by the others and we all slowly surrounded her, but kept our distance in case she attacked. I stared at her almost getting lost in her beauty before I shook myself out of it and shifted. I tugged on a pair of pants that Kyle threw at me before I began to make my way over to her.

I frowned as she began to sway. My eyes widened as she began falling backward. Alert I ran to her using wolf speed, catching her right before she hit the ground. As soon as our skin touched sparks erupted from our mate bond

"Mate" I mumbled softly as I watched her eyes close. My own heart was beating erratically, worry for my new mate surfacing

I see no injuries, why did she pass out? That thought lingered.

Perhaps she was exhausted from running. She does look tired. My wolf suggested to ease both our worry.

I hummed, brushing some of her hair out of her face smiling at how beautiful she is.

She's not a threat. Let's head back I'll take care of her. I told the others that were still watching us. They all nodded their wolf heads and turned running back to the pack house. Swooping up my mate in my arms I made my way to the pack doctor. He'll know if anything is wrong.

The moment I arrived at the pack hospital I went to the alpha ward and they took her from me. I refused to leave her side, so I promised that I would stay out of their way. When they finished the pack nurse came over to me. She checked over the notes then nodded and smiled up at me.

"She'll be fine. She just need to rest so when she wakes up, don't over work her or cause her too much stress. It looked like she had done just that to herself before she passed out." I nodded in thanks and went into the room she was in when I was given the go ahead.

I sat myself down on the chair beside her bed where she rested peacefully with an IV in her arm to give her some fluid that she lost. I smiled then went onto mind link with dad.