Chapter 23

Edited 19/11/2020

+++++

|~Six years later ~|

Jade pov

Kaleb and Reuben are very energetic little boys. They could run fast for their age and most of those they played with could hardly keep up with them, of course, could as could Danny, and they absolutely loved that fact. I smiled remembering the first time the pack got to officially meet them.

|~ Flashback ~|

I stayed in the hospital for an extra day to ensure nothing went wrong with me or the pups since my pregnancy was a bit faster than the luna usual cycle which is seven months.

Once the doctor had given me a pass to leave I left the following morning. I wanted to hold both my pups but Danny refused to put Kaleb down so I was holding only Reuben. We walked all the way to the packhouse enjoying the gentle breeze and the warmth of the sun.

I was content.

When I entered the packhouse after Danny we were greeted with cheers from our overly excited pack members. Even Kate, Danny's mom had come to see us! And she was located in our California pack branch. I was quite happy seeing her take Kaleb from Danny with a glare daring him to refuse to hand over her grandchild.

We happily switched babies after and I snuggled Kaleb, finally getting to hold my oldest. Mother and Drakon- uh father had appeared as they said they would, with grandfather appearing behind them looking ready to set father on fire.

Which he almost did had it not been for me distracting him with his great-grandchildren. Of course, father wasn't left unscathed, he got a fire-covered fist to the back of his head sending him to the ground.

"That. Is for making me worry about you for so many years jackass." he huffed "That was also cause you can't even visit me what am I a chameleon!? Did I disappear from your sight so you can't come to see me!?" I snickered.

That is the first time I've heard someone reference a chameleon. I giggled watching father apologize constantly. Luckily for him, mother came to his rescue hugging grandfather and gaining all his attention.

"Wha-!? How does she get a hug?!"

"She visits me. Unlike you brat..." he side-eyed his son making everyone in the room laugh.

When mother got to hold Kaleb she laughed holding him so securely in her hands as he hugged him beginning to cry.

"He's so small, just like you were..." she cooed gently stroking his cheek gaining a smile from him. "Oh, you and you're brother are gonna be mamma's boys I know it!" She laughed.

Kaleb only stared back rubbing his eyes with one hand and shoving the other into his mouth. Laughing I gently pulled both hands from his face. He leaned forward giving him an Eskimo kiss which caused his face to scrunch up.

The loud wail of Reuben is what drew me away from Kaleb and I looked back seeing Danny take Reuben from Kyle who looked baffled that he made him cry. I snorted watching Safira pat his back to console him.

Reuben didn't stop crying in Danny's arms though, so I took my second born and went to the kitchen to feed him. He quieted and fell asleep. Mother brought Kaleb to me too and we switched babies so she and Kate got to found over the sleeping baby in her arms while I fed the other.