Chapter 10

Edited 26-08-2020

+++++

Jade pov

"Jade!!" Jayson yelled trying to reach me. My back was turned but I could hear this fool rushing towards me.

He lifted his hand ready to slash my back open but I side stepped making him stumble a bit in front of me. The demon spun around to try again but I was too fast for him I already had him by his throat. Giving Ruby full control we crushed the demons throat our nails breaking skin and causing blood to pour down our hands onto the floor.

"Is this how you treat your princess?" I dropped the demon shaking my hand of its blood. My red eyes stared darkly into each and every demon before me. "I - she laughed - I'm confused. Did you all not, swore to protect me? To protect my human when I find her?" Ruby glared at every demon in the room.

All of which avoided eye contact. Some went from large shadows to tiny ones when her glare landed on them. None of them answered her questions pissing her off.

"Answer me!" Ruby barked out forcing all demons to their knees.

"Yes princess!" They answered.

Still in demon form but back in command I went to get Jayson but a wolf had other plans. I stepped back in time for him to pass right in front of me. Looking to the wolf he growled drool and all, and tried attacking me again. As soon as his feet left the ground he got blasted through the wall, and it wasn't from me this time.

"Nice.." I whistled seeing the damage the demon had done.

Their human bodies began to crack and shift, and change forms leaving their original bodies standing before me. They all gathered around me like a protective circle.

"What is this!? What is the meaning of this betrayal!?" A man appeared. By his scent alone I could tell he was a warlock.

Catching sight of him I saw he was a bit tall danger danced in his green eyes that, are currently glowing, his black hair looked wet and went down in curls to the top of his shoulder. He was by no means skinny but he wasn't big and buff either. He wore simple jeans and a dress shirt and he looked like he can hold his own in a physical fight. For how long is the question.

"We no longer serve you. Our princess stands before us, and we promised our king  to protect her under any circumstances." The demon standing directly in front of me using his boney wings to block me from the warlock, answered for everyone in the room.

"I see..." he fully entered the room green eyes shimmering in the dark ".. then all of you shall parish!" He seethed with unbridled rage.

Rolling my eyes at his dramatic behavior I appeared before him, halting his steps. His eyes widened as his body locked up under my glare.

"You dare threaten them in front of me..." I hissed "Threatening my demons is not acceptable." I leaned in close to whisper in his ear "That's my job!" I snarled venom dripping off my tongue.

Suddenly he threw up blood eyes wide in shock. He stared up at me trying to make sense of what just happened. Slowly his eyes went down to see my fingers stabbed into his chest right into his lungs which I broke a rib to get to. While he was processing that and wheezing I placed my other thumb finger in the middle of his forehead.

He began to tremble beneath me. His pupils dilated and he frantically kept looking around, for what? He alone knows. His mouth was open so he could scream but only blood left it causing him to choke and causing him to cough which mind you was another set of excruciating pain for him. I pulled my hand out his chest drawing more blood from him.